Tyre wear

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Most of us allready know how good are the Michelin Pilot Road 4...
Allthough i have to say that is the most "hi-mileage" tyre i've ever use.
I'd change the OEM D214 at 9696km for PR4s which i kept them on bike till today.
My odometer was at 24.751km when i was visit tyre-shop in the afternoon and put a new pair of PR4s manifactured in Spain 39/15 (fresh enough..).
So i did on my old PR4s more than 15000km very-very safe on any road condition, specially on wet, strengthy even for riding on summer holidays (off-road riding).
Personally i achive a record according tyre-wear as i never spent more than 12000km on same tyres on my MT and any other bike i've owned.
I charge 280 euros in creditcard..

solomon

Reaction score
I took the dunlops straight off before I even rode it out the dealers. They're wank..!

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Facebook:-
Facebook
Likewise, took the Dunlops off after 300 miles. They were terrible. I put on Michelin PR4's in August and have done 4500 miles on them and they are as good as new. Although I am not a crazy rider, got chicken strips of 1 inch or so, I ride 2 up on very bad roads here in Montenegro, lots of grit, stones, dirt, changeable road surfaces etc... . Had one puncture on rear tyre from a piece of metal and had it repaired. Love the tyres a lot, and to survive on the roads here and give never ending grip and stability on dry and wet roads, is a testament to the tyre.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I am still running on the stock Dunlop's The front and back still has the green paint in the groove. I am now 2500kms in. Dry roads not a problem wet roads fecking lethal. Living in Spain it is unusual to ride in the rain!!! let's face it why bother it will always be dry tomorrow. Roads in Spain or, certainly were I ride are very abrasive, in the dry super grip but in the wet the dusty bits turn to slurry so like riding on ice. What I am finding alarming is the profile on the front. The tyre is certainly taking on a profound VEE shape. I had the same problem on my FZ1 while running Pirelli Angel GT's. Now that was a heavy bastard on tyres 1500/2000kms out of a front.
Looking like I will give Maxxi's a try, cheap and supposed to perform reasonably well. Some may say WTF but why pay top dollar and only get 2500kms from a front.

Paul Longmire

Reaction score
5800 miles on my stock dunlops but then they were squared off to the max but only commuter miles replaced with pr4s great tyres in both wet and dry over 4000 miles on them now loads left

Peter Didcote

Reaction score
Picked up my bike 1800 miles on Dunlop roadsmarts changed to Bridgestone 023s happy on previous bike didn't have great confidence in these put Michelin rp3s and absolutely changed everything for the better bike felt responsive and stable

shigidar

Reaction score
last week changed to pr4 front and rear, they do seem to behave different, like the bike is more eager to turn :)

Peter Didcote

Reaction score
Hello to everyone pr4s will give them a go when it's time to change as I said took the feel of the bike to another level

phunkshun

Reaction score
I'll be getting PR4's for the MT, only did 620kms on Australia day and have a flat section in the middle so I'm a little disappointed with the tyres.

Cobweb

Reaction score
4000 on the Bridgestone S20's and they're still sticky with good tread left but they have squared off quite a lot so another 1000 miles and it will be a new set for me.

doc

Reaction score
What tyre pressures are you running? Squared-off can be an indication of pressures which are just too low.

I am running the recommended 42PSI in mine, have a top case fitted, and have been running the panniers for the last couple of hundred kays as I have had some gear to cart around. I'm no light-weight (130kg), and no hint of flattening off the centre of the tread.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
No light- weight 130kg, well at least that is one record I am glad not to hold, mate do yourself a favour shed a few kgs. I am topping the scales at 120kg and the doc has told I am border line diabetic. I have altered my diet and still feel like shite, stopped drinking beer, no longer have sex , stopped eating chips and pies, feck it I may live longer but likely will die of boredom. :p

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
36F - 42R all year mostly solo riding... high pressure reducing tyre wear as well.. so 15.150km for the first set of pr4s till the tyre wear indicators reach the tarmac.
PR4s feel different (underpressured) to me on the road when are in 33F - 36R.. but all in all these are rider's prefferences..

As about Michelin... About tyre pressures - FAQ | MICHELIN - Motorcycle - Worldwide

Last edited: