Reaction score
Yes my RSV used to go through rear tyres so I'm expecting the MT to also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipski99

Reaction score

pipski99

Reaction score
Quick research in to new Mich tyres:

Blackcircles.com want £130.21 for the PR3 rear and £94.67 for the front = £224.88 for the pair.
Ebay offering the pair as a deal for £212.95 with free delivery in the UK

The PR4s all seem to be available from USA only on ebay and are not listed at all on blackcircles.com so a little calling around may be required to track some down in the UK.

pipski99

Reaction score
What the PR4's? Didn't know they were launched yet !
I didn't know either til Triple Trouble mentioned them I think. I searched for them on ebay and they're going around £30 per pair more than the PR3's but from USA so postage £30-£50 extra plus duty and taxes etc... Hence do some shopping around in UK.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't know either til Triple Trouble mentioned them I think. I searched for them on ebay and they're going around £30 per pair more than the PR3's but from USA so postage £30-£50 extra plus duty and taxes etc... Hence do some shopping around in UK.
I can get them delivered to my dealer in a couple of days..! No need to order them from across the pond dude

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Facebook:-
www.facebook.com/spudrees

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Great news Triple. I guess I've got about a month or so before i need to order so i'll see if some London garages will stock them.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great news Triple. I guess I've got about a month or so before i need to order so i'll see if some London garages will stock them.
U shud'nt have a problem getting hold of a set but if u do, give me a shout an I will get some for u...

relz

Reaction score
My rear Dunlop is nearing EOL after 6000km too :(
I'm also considering Michelin PR, I've Been very happy with the PR2 and PR3 on my previous bike.
Do you think I can swap only the rear tyre and leave the front Dunlop, even though they're different models/brands?
It seems a waste to swap both, when the front still has quite a bit to go...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Agreed it seems a waste to swap both, but don't think its a good idea to run two different compound tyres.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My rear Dunlop is nearing EOL after 6000km too :(
I'm also considering Michelin PR, I've Been very happy with the PR2 and PR3 on my previous bike.
Do you think I can swap only the rear tyre and leave the front Dunlop, even though they're different models/brands?
It seems a waste to swap both, when the front still has quite a bit to go...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Never mix compounds...
They act so differently u will end up comin a cropper...

Andrew73

Reaction score
Dunlops work well, they warm up quickly on the road and stick well. Mine are wearing though at a rapid rate!:eek:

lou

Reaction score
Hi guys, ref tyres last year on my Ducati I tried Mezeler Z8 Interacts found them to be excellent with good wear rates, specificaly the best tyre in the wet i have ever tried. It is likely that I will be trying them on the Mt regards Lou

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I can't decide, get another D214 Dunlop rear for the summer, as i don't really want to waste the front tyre. Or bite the bullet and either get

Metzler z8 - £250 a pair
Bridgestone 023's - £250 a pair
Michelin PR4's - £275 a pair

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't decide, get another D214 Dunlop rear for the summer, as i don't really want to waste the front tyre. Or bite the bullet and either get

Metzler z8 - £250 a pair
Bridgestone 023's - £250 a pair
Michelin PR4's - £275 a pair
PR4's fitted for £260 but as ur so far away u'd use the difference in fuel getting here and back lol

Last edited: