Uk dealerships that do ecu flash list

CT/

Reaction score
Thought it mite be handy if we did a list of KNOWN uk dealers that do the genuine Yamaha ecu re-flash so if peoples local dealer dont it will be easier to find the nearest, list them dealers please :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok. I will go first

If it makes it easier to find the dealership PM me and I will add it into this post in alphanumerical form just so people don't have to trawl page after page. Just a thought.

•Bournemouth Yamaha.
•Charles Hurst Yamaha, Belfast.
•Flitwick Yamaha.
•Gravesend Yamaha.
•Ian Bell Motorcycles, Northumberland.
•JT's, Swansea.
•Len Manchester, Melton Mowbray.
•Moore's Motorcycles Ltd, Hemel Hempstead.
•Motorcycle Mart, Kidderminster.
•P&H Motorcycles, Crawley, West Sussex.
•Phoenix Yamaha, Trowbridge.
•Pro-bike, Newbury, West Berkshire.
•Raceways, Fleetwood, Lancs.
•Sheffield Motorcycle Centre.
•SMC Sheffield.
•StreetBike, Halesowen.
•The Motorcycle Shop, Lynchford Road, Farnborough.
•Webb's of Lincoln.

Countries:
UK - Yes
New Zealand - Yes
Greece - Yes
Italy - Yes
Netherlands - Yes
South Africa - coming soon
Scandinavia - No
Israel - Yes

Last edited:

Partridge

Reaction score
I have just called P&H Motorcycles in Crawley, West Sussex. they have not heard anything offic yet and said to give them a call back in two weeks

rob5006

Reaction score
Great idea, Guys....Raceways, 48-60 Dock Street. Fleetwood. Lancs. FY7 6AG. Tel (01253) 872037 Mapping now.

JCL270

Reaction score
Bournemouth Yamaha have started doing then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RipGroove

Reaction score
Good idea, I was thinking of starting this thread myself but with the addition of which dealers had done their demo bikes.

Paul Longmire

Reaction score
One to add to lost after speaking to Webb's of Lincoln and they will do ecu flash update .

Paul Longmire

Reaction score
List even not lost lol Well decisions decisions every one seems happy with update so do I don't I ,that is the question.

Bon

Reaction score
Went over to Flitwick Yamaha this afternoon. They can and will do the update if asked. As yet people have chatted about, but not had it done. They seem sure that any new bikes in have NOT had the modded ECU map and they don't want to do their test bike because they themselves don't like the idea that it is irriversable.

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance but is this something to do with the remap to enable smoother acceleration etc?
I havent bought MT09 yet but am getting mind boggled with this and as I am completely non tech savvy wise would like to mention these points when I go to see a dealer with a view to purchasing a bike but don't want to look like an absolute idiot
Thanks for your patience...

RipGroove

Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance but is this something to do with the remap to enable smoother acceleration etc?
I havent bought MT09 yet but am getting mind boggled with this and as I am completely non tech savvy wise would like to mention these points when I go to see a dealer with a view to purchasing a bike but don't want to look like an absolute idiot
Thanks for your patience...
Yep, intial throttle roll on has been known to be quite jerky so Yamaha have stepped up and fixed the issue via a free ecu re flash.

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Cheers Ripgrove for quick reply!
Think things I need to look at when buying are the ecu reflash and the cam chain tensioner.
Anything else you think I should look for?

RipGroove

Reaction score
Cheers Ripgrove for quick reply!
Think things I need to look at when buying are the ecu reflash and the cam chain tensioner.
Anything else you think I should look for?
No real issues with mine other than jerky throttle, suspension being under damped (search forum for "suspension settings" for some suggested settings). I've also added a sticker to the swingarm to prevent the rear brake hose from rubbing the paint off. My cam chain tensioner may be loose but I have a loud exahust so can't tell.

Regards to the ecu flash as per this thread there is some confusion as to whether or not new bikes will have it pre installed or not so not sure how you would tell?

Locksmith

Reaction score
Went into A2 Yamaha in Gravesend. They are waiting for the kit to do the flashes to arrive and hope to start flashing in a week or two!

relz

Reaction score
How about expanding this list to a worldwide list?
If a list of all the dealers is too much, at least a list of countries would be useful.

I'd like to put pressure on my local Yamaha branch, saying that "everyone is having it" (just like my kids always say to me :p) and it would be easier if I could back it up with some facts.

TT perhaps you can add them all to that opening post, so it's easier to find?