Warning

CT/

Reaction score
Well tbh MT that was my thoughts so not sure where to try an get it sorted now, mite try an ally wheel refurbishment place but thought chips away was a cert,,, obviously not confident of his skillz I'd say.

M

MT account

do it yourself mate, rub down the damage with some 320 grit, prime it if needs be and top it off with a sparkly silver from the nearest spraycan shop. ill go mask mine now n add a photo....

M

MT account

piece of piss, took me about 4 minutes with old damp tape...........id use a alfa romeo shade of silver as they use lots of sparkle in the paint. it matches ferrari wheels as well :)
20140824_151444.jpg
leave it to dry for an hour or 3 and put protection film over it-you wont need clearcoat then.

JCL270

Reaction score
piece of piss, took me about 4 minutes with old damp tape...........id use a alfa romeo shade of silver as they use lots of sparkle in the paint. it matches ferrari wheels as well :)
View attachment 2133
leave it to dry for an hour or 3 and put protection film over it-you wont need clearcoat then.
And that is how's it's done. All these places offering scratch removal are just cowboys with abrasive polish and a can't be arsed policy

M

MT account

.......well, its fine for a footplate but theres a bit more to it if youre doing a tank or a car bumper.......:)

CT/

Reaction score
Thanks allot for that MT, I reckon you must be able to read my mind mate because I was exactly thinking that , doin it meself, cheers .

M

MT account

£10 tops mate, stick tape from the back to the plate around the edges and blank off the slot. then stick more tape around that facing in ie, sticky to sticky. then a bit more sticky side out and you can mask off the whole area with newspaper or printer paper.
can you see the bit running across the bottom edge of the plate? the top edge is folded back on its self by 3-4mm so its not stuck at the top. thats called a 'soft edge' and allows a slight amount of paint under it so you dont get a big step in the paint. you wont need to spray down there anyway, just mist some out that way to blend it to the lower part.