Which colour?

Gazrx12

Reaction score
I am now looking at getting an MT 09 with ABS but which colour should I go for?

Just to give you a brief history of my biking, I currently have a BMW K1300s with the dynamic pack so everything ABS, ESA, traction control, Gear assist “quick shift” heated grips and dash board II; all great bits of kit much like the K13s but I am tired of lugging the weight round this is my third K series but I am just wanting something a bit more fun and the MT 09 fits the bill however; what is in your opinion the colour to go for?

Answers on a Post card!

flydnb

Reaction score
hi mate , I have ordered orange but all the colours look nice, the deep armor looks almost black until you get it in the right light, and I like the blue wheels on the race blue, and the matt grey looks quite stealthy I would defo go and see them in the flesh before you pick.

Gazrx12

Reaction score
Yep I took the Orange one out for a test ride in December love the power and how light the bike felt after the Elephant "BMW K13S" don't get me wrong the K at 185+BHP is good fun but it's a proper BIG bike.

I am torn between the Mat Grey and the Race Blue!

Stripy

Reaction score
RaceBlu is fastest :D
Also, Matt grey can be more difficult and sensitive to cleaning.

If you want Goldlocks, I mean gold forks :) then it's purple or orange.

mrbee

Reaction score
Should get mine on the 1st March. Was thinking of getting a Matt tank on a Race Blue. What's best, Gloss or Matt tank with lovely blue wheels? Helpppppppppppppp me out :)

marcusfordus

Reaction score
You get more for your money by having deep armor. It gets you a painted front mudguard and two piece stripe ;)

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I'm not entirely enthusiastic about any of the colours available tbh :). But I knew I wanted black wheels and gold forks. Didn't like the deep armour in person so went for the orange. Have you seen the two your choosing between in person? The matte grey is a really nice colour, nicer than the gloss grey on the race blu imo, but the race blu wheels look great! The matte is far more understated

One thing I will say, is that it's not expensive to change the tank colour with a wrap. About £120. So you could for instance, wrap the race blu tank in matte grey and get the best of both ;)

Spot

Reaction score
Paintjob.
CMC have done a limited amount. One for each store I believe. I bought the one pictured here from their store in Cannock. :)

Birdy

Reaction score
love that ! used to have xjr 1200 sp in similar colour, would have had that as an option ! Anyone know how difficult it is to wrap ?Home job or pro ?

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Guys I posted a thread with an email from Totally Dynamic before about wrapping the bike. They don't think (from pictures) the plastics can be wrapped very successfully. The tank is £120.

psychoattractor

Reaction score
My R6 was Matt, and so is my MT09, once you've had that stealth look, it's impossible to go back to any other colour.

It's so fast and stealthy that MT09 riders with all of the other colours seem to think theirs is quicker... Until they see the tail lights of the Matt greys vanishing into the distance ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevecbr

Reaction score
I've got the matt grey, and find it easy to keep clean, in fact easier than gloss.
There is also some pictures of black and red ones somewhere on this site, which look great but are not a UK colour.
Whatever colour you pick, no doubt next years colours will be nicer!