Who,s not had yamaha flash and if not why

Bon

Reaction score
Still on the fence but may well get it done in the spring.
If im not happy ill give TT a call and get Simons flash done.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Havent had mine done, I dont have a problem with the standard set up.
Its in for the 6000 mile service next week, may take a demo on the remapped one then
When i did the 10000km(6000mlies) service the mechanic adjusted the synchronization of fuel injection system.
From the start of use, one of my 3 cylinders was delayed (the 1st from left as we ride the bike).
After that the bike is more smooth and helped to rich the mixture at low rpm by a dna filter with stock exhaust.
The only matter is a "gap" of performance around 4-4,5K rpm.. when i close or reduce the throttle and open/increase it again..
I haven't test a remaped bike yet.
So Steve, do the synchronization first.. i believe that all bikes from factory are not correctly adjusted..
Also i want to put the co at 14 and see if it 'll be better.

Last edited:

RipGroove

Reaction score
I've not done it yet. Currently have G2 & EJK fitted and TBH it's pretty damn smooth so no point messing for the sake of it.

Sent from my iPhone

Jim_Royle

Reaction score
It's very good and its free! Why wouldn't you. If you want more get a payed for one later you don't have to put up with the overly harsh std mode while saving up for Simons flash.

stevecbr

Reaction score
When i did the 10000km(6000mlies) service the mechanic adjusted the synchronization of fuel injection system.
From the start of use, one of my 3 cylinders was delayed (the 1st from left as we ride the bike).
After that the bike is more smooth and helped to rich the mixture at low rpm by a dna filter with stock exhaust.
The only matter is a "gap" of performance around 4-4,5K rpm.. when i close or reduce the throttle and open/increase it again..
I haven't test a remaped bike yet.
So Steve, do the synchronization first.. i believe that all bikes from factory are not correctly adjusted..
Also i want to put the co at 14 and see if it 'll be better.
Had the 6000 miles service done yesterday, and had the FI synced (or balanced, whatever its called on fuel injected bikes), and it does run smoother, and seems to pull even stronger!
Very happy!

Kinjane

Reaction score
Had the 6000 miles service done yesterday, and had the FI synced (or balanced, whatever its called on fuel injected bikes), and it does run smoother, and seems to pull even stronger!
Very happy!
Had my 6,000 service yesterday as well !

Opted for the Yamaha update as I got caught out a few weekends back when the bike behaved as if the key was being turned on and off very quickly. If I was upright it might not have been too bad, but I wasn't :( I've only done 150 miles since it left the workshop but the bike is definitely better for it with noticeably less unwanted throttle response over bad road surfaces :)

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Had my 6,000 service yesterday as well !

Opted for the Yamaha update as I got caught out a few weekends back when the bike behaved as if the key was being turned on and off very quickly. If I was upright it might not have been too bad, but I wasn't :( I've only done 150 miles since it left the workshop but the bike is definitely better for it with noticeably less unwanted throttle response over bad road surfaces :)
What did you notice after FI synchronization/balancing ?

Kinjane

Reaction score
What did you notice after FI synchronization/balancing ?
Can't really be subjective because I had the remap at the same time, but overall everything is much smoother.
For some reason the secondary air injection system burble is definitely quieter :(

Twozup

Reaction score
I haven't and won't be.
Now I've had the bike a year and a bit riding in all weathers- all the modes work well in different conditions and my right wrist opens the throttle almost as well as any box of tricks can depending on how my "nippy sphincter" sensor reacts to what the tyres are doing.
Might not be as fast as all you guys with the flash but by Christ the human brain is an amazing bit of electronic wizardry

(Fight Fight Fight.....[emoji42])

Can I have a few weeks in Lanzarote for Christmas this year please.

Last edited: