why does she have to be so lovely

razz

Reaction score
well after enjoying last weeks use of a lovely R1 , i was convinced i must have one . yet , tonight , with a new rear bridgestone , softened suspension , i had a brilliant time whizzing around norfolk , trying to avoid all the road chip crap they seem to putting everywhere, you know the stuff , grey n 2 inches deep . i know i`ll never acheive the big top end speeds with the MT , but she does crack along a bit . and if i actually got my arse into gear n did the rear shock n got her back on the dyno , i`m sure she`d not be traded in . and when i ride the MT , i actually enjoy it moving about and to actually have to ride it . its a harder desicion than i thought , trying to process in my head , is the R1 actually worth all that exra cash ? ady

stevecbr

Reaction score
No way mate, I rode the same one, and no way is it worth 15 large!
You could keep the MT, and spend the saved £8k on a 2nd hand big bang R1 and upgrade the suspension on that. You'd have 2 great bikes for the same price as the new R1

razz

Reaction score
No way mate, I rode the same one, and no way is it worth 15 large!
You could keep the MT, and spend the saved £8k on a 2nd hand big bang R1 and upgrade the suspension on that. You'd have 2 great bikes for the same price as the new R1
trouble is steve , its the first R1 that worked for me , the previous models were torture to ride . i`ll pop in see the lads for a chat :) suppose having the FZ1 n the MT , i should be gratefull for having two stonking bikes , the FZ1 is THE BEST commutter bike on the planet in my eyes . n the MT is a mega toy .
on another note , popped over the norfolk show today , want one of these too :)

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
WOW !!!!!! love all you choices razz , that tractor looks pretty mega ! ;) I'm a right slag , every time I ride another bike I always end up wanting it ! ( even piles of shite !! ) I refuse demos now coz I've blown so much dough on bikes £££££££££££££££££££££££££££ by the way you got the name of that tractor dealer ? might see If they have got any demos !!! still in honeymoon period on the MT but so far so good .
them new R1's with the akra on do sound bitchin , good luck with what you decide to do anyway :cool:

My Toy

Reaction score
That tractor has a Harley Davidson engine in I think[emoji609][emoji6]
Love the domi racer[emoji41]

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

Swagger

Reaction score
Forget the R1. Buy the the Delta Track and the Norton ... I am so glad I'm not associated with the agricultural sector. I'd need a piece of machinery for every conceivable situation. Actually that goes for any sector ... I just love toys.