Would you buy an ex-demo MT-09?

marcusfordus

Reaction score
You have missed the best of the deals out there. Sales teams on commisson, targets to hit and poor sales during the winter months.
March 1st tomorrow, weather is going to pick up, Christmas credit card bills paid off and a queue of punters willing to spend their hard earned.

stevecbr

Reaction score
I'd buy the 2nd hand one now for £6000, especially as its the colour you like with a few extras you want.
In my experience, having cash doesnt make a shits bit of difference to the dealer, they make their money on finance packages.]
The price £6799 isnt on the road, with on the road charges the price is about £6930.
I got my matt grey with screen fitted for £7000, paying in cash made no difference.
Mind you, if I had bought a FZ8 of the dealer, he would have done a cracking deal, as they are now nearly impossible to shift since the MT09 was released.
I know when I bought mine in october, there was talk of the later shipments to the UK being more expensive, but not sure if thats true or just sales talk

flydnb

Reaction score
I'd buy the 2nd hand one now for £6000, especially as its the colour you like with a few extras you want.
In my experience, having cash doesnt make a shits bit of difference to the dealer, they make their money on finance packages.]
The price £6799 isnt on the road, with on the road charges the price is about £6930.
I got my matt grey with screen fitted for £7000, paying in cash made no difference.
Mind you, if I had bought a FZ8 of the dealer, he would have done a cracking deal, as they are now nearly impossible to shift since the MT09 was released.
I know when I bought mine in october, there was talk of the later shipments to the UK being more expensive, but not sure if thats true or just sales talk
I think they are the same price at the moment.

RipGroove

Reaction score
I've seen a few dealers quoting £6799 on the road, is that not right then? I am leaning towards the ex demo at my local place tbh as its the right color, with the fly screen and rad guards and I think I can get it for 6k and I do also need new helmet and boots which will be another £400 on top meaning that the whole deal will cost me £6400 (which I will have within 2 weeks time). If I was to buy new I'd be looking at £7200 by the time I'd got helmet and boots which would take me probably another 2 months to save up. And within 2 months I need to be concentrating on my house sale and buying of a new place so kinda need the bike deal done asap.

Mitch

Reaction score
I paid cash got a free alarm chucked in and my on the road price was 6750 so I think cash dose help I also got 10 % of parts so by time I was finished was around £7000 I had an alarm fitted yamaha screen crash guard and tank pad

stevecbr

Reaction score
I paid cash got a free alarm chucked in and my on the road price was 6750 so I think cash dose help I also got 10 % of parts so by time I was finished was around £7000 I had an alarm fitted yamaha screen crash guard and tank pad
Maybe I could have haggled more, but when I got mine it the bike had only been released a week, and out of my dealers stock of 8 he only had 2 left, and only 1 in a colour I would have bought. I was told at the time that there would be no more deliveries till maybe April. He probably saw I was desperate to have it, and the test ride was so good I had to have one there and then, so I wasnt in the best position to negotiate. He does let me buy accessories at discount though, and fitted my radiator protector for free at my 1st service

RipGroove

Reaction score
Cool vids on YouTube by the way dude :)