Yamaha tail tidy !

Andrew Dean Aston

Reaction score
Who has a Yamaha tail tidy ? Do they come with a lock cover. R&G are great, but leave the seat removal lock expposed to road crap. Thanks in advance. Andy

MT-Pete

Reaction score
Who has a Yamaha tail tidy ? Do they come with a lock cover. R&G are great, but leave the seat removal lock expposed to road crap. Thanks in advance. Andy
I have the Yamaha tail tidy. Fantastic piece of kit, although a bit like Mecanno to assembly. You transfer the lock cover from the original so it works in the same way.

flipper

Reaction score
with the Evotech tail tidy is a rubber cap for the lock................. you can buy them for a few pence. keeps all the crap out nicely. bit fiddly to use but it's rare that my seat has to come off.

Locksmith

Reaction score
Yes, although the instructions don't mention it, you miss out the long crane jib bit :)

The bit I like is you can retain the reflector, which may just save a car hitting you (who knows) or an MOT fail.

Last edited:

lee1980

Reaction score
Thanks all I like looks of it compared to stock, I open my seat daily to get to disc lock, they must a been tripping when they decided to put lock under there lol!!!

Andrew Dean Aston

Reaction score
Thanks. As long as i can have the lock protected, i will buy one. I like the yamaha one as you can use the mid section in autumn/winter to stop all the crap flinging up your back.

marksim

Reaction score
I have the Yam tail tidy and have fit the Rizoma rear light.
It is very ridged compared to some others and doesnt wobble all over the place.
Cheapest is from Yamabits where there on offer for £74.99

Clint Kingston

Reaction score
If you are open to some alternatives to the Yamaha tail tidy, I got the Yoshimura tail tidy and fitted it yesterday.

I chose it because it retained the OEM lock cover and positioned the plate and lights all very tight together, much tighter than the R&G which I also though was a little flimsy and didn't like because of the no lock cover thing.

The installation is fairly straight forward although the assembly of the tail tidy is a little fiddly because of the way it incorporates the numberplate into its design, then end result is a very rigid frame that also protects the number plate from damage (Australian number plates are pretty flimsy and easily bent if only attached by the top bolt holes)

The Plate light is very compact and lights up the plate very well.

the OEM lock cover is retained from the stock hanger, but is trimmed down to fit the smaller Yoshimura.

Here are some pic's of it from different angles.

IMG_0365.jpg IMG_0366.jpg IMG_0368.jpg

HyperDave

Reaction score
If you are open to some alternatives to the Yamaha tail tidy, I got the Yoshimura tail tidy and fitted it yesterday.

I chose it because it retained the OEM lock cover and positioned the plate and lights all very tight together, much tighter than the R&G which I also though was a little flimsy and didn't like because of the no lock cover thing.

The installation is fairly straight forward although the assembly of the tail tidy is a little fiddly because of the way it incorporates the numberplate into its design, then end result is a very rigid frame that also protects the number plate from damage (Australian number plates are pretty flimsy and easily bent if only attached by the top bolt holes)

The Plate light is very compact and lights up the plate very well.

the OEM lock cover is retained from the stock hanger, but is trimmed down to fit the smaller Yoshimura.

Here are some pic's of it from different angles.

View attachment 2848 View attachment 2849 View attachment 2850
Hi Clint where did you purchase your Yoshi tail tidy and how much was it, as it looks cool and the seat lock is still protected. I like it

lee1980

Reaction score
Evotech FTW

you also get a nice tail light with it.
Just a wee bit to short there for commuting lol would be a fountain in rain off back tyre, I also like the stock led light and its bigger so rather be seen more like to.