*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters

fizzy

Reaction score
*****ECU "news" flash*****

It's Keith, TT ,yes I am well happy with it and I know Dave is as well ,forget the g2 and put the 60 quid towards the ECU flash, it will make a fantastic bike even better, road another mate's mt today with a akrapovic and Co done and the different is that
mine just feels a lot sharper and positive

Last edited by a moderator:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's Keith, TT ,yes I am well happy with it and I know Dave is as well ,forget the g2 and put the 60 quid towards the ECU flashí*½í¸
it will make a fantastic bike even better, road another mate's mt today with a akrapovic and Co done and the different is that
mine just feels a lot sharper and positive
Yes Keith I remember now. Been a long day...!

Well for the price of 2 G2's uv got a mental bike with all the bells and whistles unlocked and a whole lot more.

So how is it for power now?

At the moment I'm running a custom map on a PCV. I've got 116bhp at the back wheel and 64 ft lb of torque so it's an absolute monster. I don't know how much that will drop if I take the PCV off and get simon to flash it for me?
Any ideas? Do u know wot urs is running?

UnluckySlats

Reaction score
I'm interested TT please let me know
more details when you have them it
would be great if he is wiling to travel up
North for us northern MT monkeys cheers

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
*****ECU "news" flash*****

Anyone want to buy a G2? :D
Pmsl. I get the feeling people will be flogging their G2 and getting a flash as they won't need the G2. After all, the G2 is just a tammer, it can't do all the other stuff the flash can so it's gonna be obsolete now lol.
I've said it before.....I don't find it snatchy like most do. I think some people fell into the "forum problem syndrome"! and almost talked them self into needing a G2 but have no fear.....the flash from Simon is here lol

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm interested TT please let me know
more details when you have them it
would be great if he is wiling to travel up
North for us northern MT monkeys cheers
Will do fella. Like I said... He travels up norf a lot so I'm sure u cud hook up with him and sort something out.

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
Pmsl. I get the feeling people will be flogging their G2 and getting a flash as they won't need the G2. After all, the G2 is just a tammer, it can't do all the other stuff the flash can so it's gonna be obsolete now lol. L
I've said it before.....I don't find it snatchy like most do. I think some people fell into the "forum problem syndrome"! and almost talked them self into needing a G2 but have no fear.....the flash from Simon is here lol
To be fair, although I wasn't that bothered by the throttle (had even got used to it) the G2 has allowed me to enjoy the bike so much more and was a good alternative to a PCV.

At least it was only £65 on a tamer and not £650 on a 'limited-edition Lady Gaga whale-scrotum seat'!! (which I wouldn't need, anyway, as I've already got three!!!)

Spot

Reaction score
No bud... this is far more in depth than a PCV can go. Forgot to mention that he can also set the start up to any mode u like so I'm gonna get it set to A lol
It sounds the mutts nuts. If it does what it says on the tin with snatch removal, default mode change & gear restriction removal i'd be well up for it.
Can you find out:
A) If I were to leave my PCV in place can it still be done ?
B) If yes, can you tweak map later with PCV without losing default mode change & gear restriction removal ?

sporti

Reaction score
If the flashed ECU is detected then I assume that would certainly have warranty implications.

I don't know but I would have thought any dealer's equipment could detect the ECU has been flashed. Would this show up when it is serviced/put on computer for a diagnostic?
I would suspect only on faults that are caused by or related to the ECU.

Or.......don't take it back to a dealer to have service work etc done. Now that Yamaha have released an update for the ECU, I'll be fucked if I'm running the risk of having my $500 overridden by some muppet apprentice in the dealer workshop.

the voices

Reaction score
message to yamaha, if this works as iam sure it does, contact this bloke and write him a big fat cheque and sort all of the mt09s as a freebie,
i havent even got mine yet so only speaking from what i have read on here, sure yamaha would benefit from at least contacting him and setting up some sort of deal, mind you i suppose the ecu is set as it is for a reason, come on yamaha we know you read all the posts feel free to join in with the people who have spent there money with you.
(have you all noticed that the weather is now changing, this is due to my bike due in a couple of weeks lol) WAYNE.

l34chy

Reaction score
If the flashed ECU is detected then I assume that would certainly have warranty implications.

I don't know but I would have thought any dealer's equipment could detect the ECU has been flashed. Would this show up when it is serviced/put on computer for a diagnostic?
Yes it will show up gonna get my first service done and then have it flashed.

paulrab

Reaction score
This sounds awesome. Ive got the G2 and its done the job it was intended to, but my bike is definitely running lean in other areas.
Can this guy tweak the ECU according to particular set ups?

PaulMT-09

Reaction score
Sounds to good to be true, count me in. If he's anywhere round the north Birmingham area.
How about getting groups of MT owners together in certain areas to make I worth his while.

JCL270

Reaction score
As far as I know there isn't as it is impossible to know it has been done and unlike the "New Yamaha update"..... it can be restored back to stock ecu...

Obviously if ur found to have a power commander on and something goes wrong or u rite it off... Yamaha won't touch it and uv lost out on a bike... so this seems like the best option...

Sold! The only problem would be warranty implications. Anyone else in the south looking at getting this done?

fizzy

Reaction score
Pmsl. I get the feeling people will be flogging their G2 and getting a flash as they won't need the G2. After all, the G2 is just a tammer, it can't do all the other stuff the flash can so it's gonna be obsolete now lol. L
I think you are right TT about "forum syndrome" or should that be " MCN syndrome" my previous bike was a 08 R1 4c8
and to be honest that was a bit snatchy at low speeds and mid corner but I just road around the problem ,I think because the mt09 is a lot lighter and agile you notice it a bit more ,,, especially as MCN made a big issue of it even before the bike was available if they / him ( you know who I am on about) hadn't mentioned the fueling I think most of us would just ride around it, the G2 definitely helps but the flash is the answer, ,,, or a set of carbs I think I have some in my shed of a GT 750 lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think you are right TT about "forum syndrome" or should that be " MCN syndrome" my previous bike was a 08 R1 4c8
and to be honest that was a bit snatchy at low speeds and mid corner but I just road around the problem ,I think because the mt09 is a lot lighter and agile you notice it a bit more ,,, especially as MCN made a big issue of it even before the bike was available if they / him ( you know who I am on about) hadn't mentioned the fueling I think most of us would just ride around it, the G2 definitely helps but the flash is the answer, ,,, or a set of carbs I think I have some in my shed of a GT 750 lol
Pmsl. That's wot I was thinking

fizzy

Reaction score
This sounds awesome. Ive got the G2 and its done the job it was intended to, but my bike is definitely running lean in other areas.
Can this guy tweak the ECU according to particular set ups?
When he did mine you can choose from various options like A mode as default and even the engine braking removed or the popping from your akrapovic removed on over run (didn't get that done) so it seems like yes you can tweak to you set up