*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters

l34chy

Reaction score
When he did mine you can choose from various options like A mode as default and even the engine braking removed or the popping from your akrapovic removed on over run (didn't get that done) so it seems like yes you can tweak to you set up
Now that i like, the idea of having your own bespoke map to what suits your ride style.
That man could become very popular so who is up for it in the north west?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I asked him about prices and he said he wud be looking for around £120 to do it. All we wud have to do to make life easier for him (and save him time) is to remove the tank and unplug the ECU for when he arrived....!

Anyone got a link to a vid on how to do this. Sure I saw one somewhere:confused:
Yes...
Look for the DNA filter thread... It's on there I believe

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trouble is you have to have it maintained in accordance with the warranty and that might exclude some other garages.
Good job I go to my mates Yamaha dealership then lol. No probs with warranty for me. Just turn up, have a brew, chew the fat and they do wots needed ;)

Luismn

Reaction score
It would be nice to know (for people in other countries, or far) if it would be possible to ship the ecu for flash...

sporti

Reaction score
Trouble is you have to have it maintained in accordance with the warranty and that might exclude some other garages.
I don't know what it's like in the UK, in AUS, any licensed mechanic can do logbook servicing which doesn't void your warranty.

You just need to find someone that is reputable. Easy.

M

MT account

It would be nice to know (for people in other countries, or far) if it would be possible to ship the ecu for flash...
they ship the USA spec ecus to be flashed but those dont have an immobiliser fitted. id guess that you could flash a euro ecu on a bench but if you couldnt then maybe it would work if the ecu was fitted to a UK bike and the corrosponding key was held up to the ignition transponder, we did this with a faulty X11 honda using a blackbird ecu and the matching key taped to the handlebar with the regular 1 still in the switch!

havnt found a yamaha tech than can answer that tho.............
and the 'flasher' would need a MT doner biker to flash at..........:rolleyes:

Mitch

Reaction score
Now that i like, the idea of having your own bespoke map to what suits your ride style.
That man could become very popular so who is up for it in the north west?
Iam manchester so I would be up for a meet some were to do it

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've spoken to simon on the phone and we have decided to do a bit more result gathering so he can make 100% sure on a few things. Just watch this space for the results. I for one am definitely getting this done.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It sounds the mutts nuts. If it does what it says on the tin with snatch removal, default mode change & gear restriction removal i'd be well up for it.
Can you find out:
A) If I were to leave my PCV in place can it still be done ?
B) If yes, can you tweak map later with PCV without losing default mode change & gear restriction removal ?
I'm told the answer is yes to both questions mate.

rob5006

Reaction score
Just back from the Manchester dark side tour. Told by a staff member that the new Flash has been installed in all new MT09 versions and that it is has been rolled out to dealers...not sure when all dealers will have it but 'it's here'! Think that I will have it done and compare performance with and without the G2 Tamer.

paulrab

Reaction score
When he did mine you can choose from various options like A mode as default and even the engine braking removed or the popping from your akrapovic removed on over run (didn't get that done) so it seems like yes you can tweak to you set up
Nice 1 Fizzy, that sounds perfect.

paulrab

Reaction score
Would it be possible to go for the free Yam flash ( only because its free ) and if i wasn't totally happy with it, get Simon to do his thing? Or does getting the Yam flash mean its not possible to get any further ECU tweaks done??
I'm in Swansea, if there are others nearby who fancy giving it a shot, we could make it worth his while coming here for a group flash!!!!!

flydnb

Reaction score
Im loving all this flashing , first thaigate and cottagingate now flashgate.