*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Bloody hell. 15 PAGES !! :)

Cheers TT for looking into this !! Very interesting stuff. Personally, the throttle tamer has done its job and I'm happy with the throttle response now. I enjoy the engine braking, pops and bangs too, so won't need the flash. but good to know !!

Locksmith

Reaction score
I think you have to take the forums with a pinch of salt. I certainly am no expert but take other peoples expertise and experiences on board when deciding for myself. The Dna Air filter makes my bike perform better and smoother. The quality and construction is far superior than the paper stock one. I don't really understand all this 'lean' stuff and it appears that people really like using this word. The good thing about this forum is that things like the new re-flash, G2 Throttle tamers, power commanders, braid hose cables, etc, would not have come to my attention and given me the bike that gives me great performance and satisfaction...so, keep it going people and continue spreading the word...but ultimately-do your own research, everybody has a required taste when it comes to Beer, Women, and bikes!
+1

If it wasn't for people such as Triple Trouble and all the others then forums would not exist.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Cheers TT for looking into this !! Very interesting stuff. Personally, the throttle tamer has done its job and I'm happy with the throttle response now. I enjoy the engine braking, pops and bangs too, so won't need the flash. but good to know !!
Ur very welcome.

I will post more info as an when it arrives so keep an eye out lol.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
+1

If it wasn't for people such as Triple Trouble and all the others then forums would not exist.
That's wot the forum is here for. There may be times when not all the info is relevant or even wanted but 99% of the time its useful to some so that's a good thing rite?

rob5006

Reaction score
I've just seen the memo from the local Yamaha dealer which stated that some people were unhappy with the initial throttle roll on and that a flash is being rolled out to remedy it. It goes on to say that ALL modes will be affected and that once completed, it cannot be reversed. The memo also says that 'if you are happy with what you have then they recommend leaving it as it is'. Also interesting to note that ALL new MT09 stock now have this 'new' flash and that all models on the 'Dark side' tours. have been upgraded with it. For your information..do as you will!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've just seen the memo from the local Yamaha dealer which stated that some people were unhappy with the initial throttle roll on and that a flash is being rolled out to remedy it. It goes on to say that ALL modes will be affected and that once completed, it cannot be reversed. The memo also says that 'if you are happy with what you have then they recommend leaving it as it is'. Also interesting to note that ALL new MT09 stock now have this 'new' flash and that all models on the 'Dark side' tours. have been upgraded with it. For your information..do as you will!
I believe it will be irreversible because they are gonna close the ECU off so it can't be flashed by the likes of us. Just a hunch of course lol

rob5006

Reaction score
Very strange how Yamaha haven't made a public notification about the flash upgrade...I get the feeling that now they have resolved snatch issues, they are trying to play everything down or keep a lid on things....probably for marketing reasons....and yes T.T. I agree with you....i don't believe that things cannot be 'undone'!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very strange how Yamaha haven't made a public notification about the flash upgrade...I get the feeling that now they have resolved snatch issues, they are trying to play everything down or keep a lid on things....probably for marketing reasons....and yes T.T. I agree with you....i don't believe that things cannot be 'undone'!
Of course it can be undone... Unless they put a security measure in place lol. I think ur rite about playing it down. It was the same with the cam chain tensioner saga

RipGroove

Reaction score

Reducing the engine braking effect does not necessarily remove the popping on overrun btw. The engine breaking is reduced by adding fuel but the popping is caused by air being pushed into the exhaust.

My engine breaking has already been reduced by adding an ejk fuel controller making things very smooth but I still have the popping.

If you wanted to reduce/remove the popping you need to blank off a hose/port by the airbox.

Just pointing out that the two things are not connected :)

l34chy

Reaction score
Reducing the engine braking effect does not necessarily remove the popping on overrun btw. The engine breaking is reduced by adding fuel but the popping is caused by air being pushed into the exhaust.

My engine breaking has already been reduced by adding an ejk fuel controller making things very smooth but I still have the popping.

If you wanted to reduce/remove the popping you need to blank off a hose/port by the airbox.

Yeah Rip did the same mod on my er6 and my r6 by blanking off the pair valve it reduces popping not necessarily stops it but makes a significant improvement.
On the er6 I disconnected the air pump to.

john69

Reaction score
hi everyone, my mt is booked in with woking yamah for the 28 aug for remap, will let you know what i think

RipGroove

Reaction score
hi everyone, my mt is booked in with woking yamah for the 28 aug for remap, will let you know what i think
Personally as they say its "non reversible" I'd want to ride a demo bike with that map before I'd have it done on my own bike. Good luck [emoji51]

john69

Reaction score
yeh i know what your saying but someone got to do it or we will never know, if it makes it smoother i will be happy even if there is a slight loss of power

RipGroove

Reaction score
yeh i know what your saying but someone got to do it or we will never know, if it makes it smoother i will be happy even if there is a slight loss of power
Fair enough, I would at least enquire if they have a demo one handy for 10mins.

rob5006

Reaction score
Looking at getting mine done very soon....This is now how Yamaha want the MT09 to be, with all their existing stock and demo bikes having been amended. Probably didn't want to announce its re-map to stop it looking like a re-call or to prevent giving people the opportunity to make out they had an injury because of a 'Glitch'...anyway, onwards and upwards!

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looking at getting mine done very soon....seeing that this is now how Yamaha want the MT09 to be. I suppose they wouldn't make a big thing by announcing its re-map otherwise it would sound like a re-call or give people the opportunity to make out they had an injury because of a 'Glitch'...anyway, onwards and upwards!
They haven't announced it...
It's all been done on the quiet...

M

MT account

well they are connected as the popping is unburnt fuel being ignited in the exhaust while helped by the PAIR valve. it only starts popping below 4000rpm when the injectors are switched back on to stop the bike from stalling.
if you leave the injectors switched on all the way down to idle there will be more unburnt fuel going out the pipe which should equal bigger n better banging! yeaaaaaaaa!