*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters
Another point to note....! When everyone says "I was doing 141"
They were actually doing around 128 as it's impossible to go any faster without the restriction lifted. Mine says 141 flat out but the dyno says 128 every time lol.
It's mad how the speedo can be so out but that's all explained in another thread lol. I'm sure the tech bods/health & safety bods etc will jump all over me now [emoji20]
Yeah it's quite common for a speedo to be about 10% out at full tilt. 128 + 10% = 140.8

Do you know why Yamaha has restricted the rpm?

god knows why , bloody stupid idea . this reminds me , i must ring track electronics to see if they any further with the cable / software they were waiting for , looking forward to hearing all your real flat out reviews , cos i can`t wait .

razz in the rain

mines restricted to 110 anyway..........like 10 miles of that malarky has my fingers pulled out of their sockets......:rolleyes:

On the speedo?
no fingers being ripped off the bars......i dont ride in skin tight leathers smeared in vaseline like you chap :D, im sat out there in textiles n a shark raw.......105 is a tank slapper due to the 'ears' 110 gets me hanging on for life :)

can`t remember what my dealer said why they restricted it , but they didn`t restrict the fz8 , its faster top end and far worse for windy pushing about , and then theres the fz1n , jesus , that rips ya head off

As it stands.....
Only Yamaha UK can plug into the ECU and see if it has been flashed/altered etc. dealerships can only see the settings in the diag menu on the dash, when they do the ECU update they still won't see wots on the ECU, they have to trust Yamaha UK to give them the right software to load....!
When they load it on they can't see ur current setup or wot uv got going on on there so unless u blow up ur ECU at some stage "highly unlikely"! It's not gonna be seen.
And that info gentlemen came from a Yamaha dealership so all the warranty warriors, health & safety bods and general rumour/scare mungers can get back in ur box and "zipit.com"
At the end of the day, no one is making anyone have this flash done or even the Yamaha flash done, this is purely an individual venture. I decided to let everyone know about it because this is wot the forum is here for.
Rant over.....!

Your spot on there TT I work in the motor trade
and us dealers can only see what faults are current
and certain settings we can not see if a car as been
chipped or reprogrammed only the manufactures can

Makes you wonder then why restrict the MT-09 but not the FZs?

Personally, I bought the MT-09 for its cornering and torque not top speed. If I was looking for a bike with the highest top end it wouldn't be the 09. However, I wouldn't mind having both!

So bearing this in mind I would really like to know why Yamaha felt the need to 'tame' the top end while creating (a very welcome!) 'untamed monster' in the lower end.
Yeah know what you mean,
. but i just like the idea of creating something different like the triple and making it more usable.
I like upsetting alot of the litre bikes especially on the type of roads we have around here:cool:

True! But from what I hear you are getting plenty out of the existing set up!

I am not at all against taking-off the restrictions but I would like to know what prompted Yamaha to do this on the MT-09. Yamaha are not against top end speed as can be seen on several other models so there must be some reason for it.

Weather not improving so it looks like a bike cleaning not riding day!
Yeah i'm not against top speed and now you mention about restricting top end speed i wonder if my r6 is restricted:confused:
Just dragged the mt09 out for a spruce up and er6 aswell seems though there doesn't look like an improvement in the weather :(

Engine braking has been mentioned, why would you want to lose it?
Is it a bad thing?

I'm thinking that the faster it slows down when you wind the throttle back the better?

I'm with you!

I like the engine braking...a discreet way to put the anchors on ...on the subject of speed...got mine to 115 and was hanging on for dear life...That'll do for me! Makfai, Are Raceways charging for the Yam Flash....getting all excited now...I like playing about with things...!

Back