*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm old and confused :)

So you have a different map to what we would get as standard from Simon?
I already had a different map on from when it was dyno'd. We just extracted that map off the PCV and flashed it straight onto the ECU.
What set up have u got? i.e exhaust etc...?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So u cud get it flashed with all the things I mentioned in the review post and try various maps he has to see of any are good or u!

Spot

Reaction score
3: engine breaking is now off...(more wheelies and smoother throttle)! *optional*

simon you're a frickin genius...
How does removing the engine braking give you more wheelies?
I really want this upgrade! Only thing I haven't decided on is whether to keep the engine braking as I like being able to slow down without having to hit the brakes....

When can I get it and how much? :)

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How does removing the engine braking give you more wheelies?
I really want this upgrade! Only thing I haven't decided on is whether to keep the engine braking as I like being able to slow down without having to hit the brakes....

When can I get it and how much? :)
To be fare the removal of the engine breaking doesn't affect the slowing down of the bike much. I just make sure I'm in the rite gear for corners etc which means on exiting the corner ur rite on the power every time.

In short... No engine breaking means u haven't gotta wait for power to kick in....it's already there.
I'm meeting Simon tomorrow to chat about the nxt stage of how people can get this done

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
TT... Did you manage to get anyone on the stock yammy re-flash, and then see if Simons will go over the top ok ...??? Simons upgrade sounds like the dogs bllx....

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
TT... Did you manage to get anyone on the stock yammy re-flash, and then see if Simons will go over the top ok ...??? Simons upgrade sounds like the dogs bllx....
Was gonna talk about that.....

Who on here has contacted Simon direct on his mobile from Bristol. It's no a problem... I just can't work out who it is as he is gonna be the guinie pig for the yam flash to the Simon flash...

It's more than the dogs bollox lol.

CT/

Reaction score
Was gonna talk about that.....

Who on here has contacted Simon direct on his mobile from Bristol. It's no a problem... I just can't work out who it is as he is gonna be the guinie pig for the yam flash to the Simon flash...

It's more than the dogs bollox lol.
Yer sayin its the K9,S conkers aswell then TT :rolleyes:

razz

Reaction score
yoo yoo , track electronics have called , the can now finish of my MT09 super zap n turn off the stupid limiter , unfortunately i can not get the bike to them :( i wonder if they`ll come n get it ? so will return soon with an update from over here in narfolk when shes zapped , yeeeeeee haarrrrrrr

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I did more testing this evening. I did just over 100 miles of varying road conditions. A roads, fast B roads, Town centre work and duel carriageway....

TOWN CENTRE.
Smooth throttle all the way, roundabouts and mini roundabouts are effortless. I even managed to negotiate them with just my throttle hand on the bike and my left hand resting on my leg (except for when I needed to indicate)!

FAST B ROADS.
Smooth roll on through the corners and very stable when getting on the power coming out of the corner (a lot of the time pointing skyward)! The power is epic and it didn't miss a beat. Bumps and the odd undulating road surface were no problem and the fuelling is absolutely spot on.

A ROADS.
I found that when cruising along at a steady pace the bike felt very settled and planted. When I gave it a fist full on an overtake the power was instant and the delivery was nice and progressive. I tried many a time to "unsettle" the bike by ripping the throttle back/chopping the throttle and it just got straight on the power in an instant. Obviously the front was very easy to get liftoff but we knew that anyway lol.

DUEL CARRIAGEWAY.
Well.... Wot can I say....! Now the 5th and 6th gear restrictors have been removed the thing near on goes into orbit. I won't tell you the indicated speed on the clocks (u never know who's reading this these days)! but I can assure u it goes way past wot we've already seen.

Yes I have heard good things about the Yamaha flash but this flash goes way beyond that...! The Yamaha flash mite have cured the snatch but thats all it can do, the results from this flash are way beyond my expectations. Being able to do things like reduce the temp the fan comes on, turn off or reduce engine braking, default start up to A mode, remove the restrictors, turn off the clean air system, I also think that it's a very clever thing being able to load my existing PCV map straight onto my ECU and of course it's completely changeable whenever I want.

We will continue to test the bike as we have a few more things we want to try out but for me it's completely changed the bike (for the better)! I now have a seriously crackers bike but in the same breath it's got so much usable power/torque it's just an out and out pleasure to ride and I wouldn't hesitant in recommending this to anyone who wants that extra from their bike that they can't get elsewhere.

TO BE CONTINUED.....!

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
So I did more testing this evening. I did just over 100 miles of varying road conditions. A roads, fast B roads, Town centre work and duel carriageway....

TOWN CENTRE.
Smooth throttle all the way, roundabouts and mini roundabouts are effortless. I even managed to negotiate them with just my throttle hand on the bike and my left hand resting on my leg (except for when I needed to indicate)!

FAST B ROADS.
Smooth roll on through the corners and very stable when getting on the power coming out of the corner (a lot of the time pointing skyward)! The power is epic and it didn't miss a beat. Bumps and the odd undulating road surface were no problem and the fuelling is absolutely spot on.

A ROADS.
I found that when cruising along at a steady pace the bike felt very settled and planted. When I gave it a fist full on an overtake the power was instant and the delivery was nice and progressive. I tried many a time to "unsettle" the bike by ripping the throttle back/chopping the throttle and it just got straight on the power in an instant. Obviously the front was very easy to get liftoff but we knew that anyway lol.

DUEL CARRIAGEWAY.
Well.... Wot can I say....! Now the 5th and 6th gear restrictors have been removed the thing near on goes into orbit. I won't tell you the indicated speed on the clocks (u never know who's reading this these days)! but I can assure u it goes way past wot we've already seen.

Yes I have heard good things about the Yamaha flash but this flash goes way beyond that...! The Yamaha flash mite have cured the snatch but thats all it can do, the results from this flash are way beyond my expectations. Being able to do things like reduce the temp the fan comes on, turn off or reduce engine braking, default start up to A mode, remove the restrictors, turn off the clean air system, I also think that it's a very clever thing being able to load my existing PCV map straight onto my ECU and of course it's completely changeable whenever I want.

We will continue to test the bike as we have a few more things we want to try out but for me it's completely changed the bike (for the better)! I now have a seriously crackers bike but in the same breath it's got so much usable power/torque it's just an out and out pleasure to ride and I wouldn't hesitant in recommending this to anyone who wants that extra from their bike that they can't get elsewhere.

TO BE CONTINUED.....!
Great de-brief, mate! keep us posted - I'm still convinced this is the way forward.

I had a conversation with my local dealer, yesterday. They've taken the decision not to offer the Yam flash and it seems they're not alone in dealer world...

Locksmith

Reaction score
Me again Triple :lol

I've got to get this right in my aging brain!!!

You are running a fully customised map, done on a dyno, made to your configuration ie. two brothers exhaust.

Is that right?

So presumably anyone who sends their ecu in will get a "generic" map, not yours (coz it wouldn't be right?)?

So, we may not get as good results as you?

Sorry mate to keep asking but if the yam flash does what a "basic" person wants is there any need to shell out?

Of course if a standard Simon flash transforms a standard bike compared to the Yam flash then I'm in !!

Glad your happy with yours, considering the time and money you must spend you are a true champion of the MT cause :)
I just about get enough time to check the tyre pressures :lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok so...!
If u have a standard set up u can still get the goodies I mentioned.
Engine breaking, de restricted, start up in A mode, lower the fan temp etc etc. if u have a map put on it will be trial and error as u have a standard can although it can be changed very easily.

fizzy

Reaction score

TOWN CENTRE.

FAST B ROADS.

A ROADS.

DUEL CARRIAGEWAY.

TO BE CONTINUED.....!
told you that you would like it:cool:D

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol. I've just acquired the akrapoviç race zorst.... so I'm gonna flog the Two Brothers...
Cudnt remember it was u or malc who had the race one

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in having this flash done let me know and I will get things sorted for u...