Air fuel mix

Jess Wright

Reaction score
Ok so as I said the other day I was having problems with a very jerky throttle . After all the recommendations I have kevs O2 mod on the way , but was at the local yamaha dealer to pick up some givi tankbag stuff and chatting to their chief machninc said I was having a few issues and he popped outside to the bike messed with something on the dash and told me to go for a ride . Throttle surge is just about gone no remap or anything he said he just richened up the mixture .

So now really confused can some one explain this ? .

flipper

Reaction score
he adjusted the CO setting.

suggest you run a search for something like that.

misscrabstick

Reaction score
We have had discussions before on this, probably searchable, basically in the dash is a facility to richen or lean the mixture via the dash buttons, however, the adjustment will only apply from idle to approx 2% throttle opening, i also have a feeling that in closed loop the bike ignores it anyway and runs the fueling from the o2 sensor, nobody had any long term success with it as far as i know and we stopped doing it!

Jess Wright

Reaction score
Ok I was just about to say if it solved the jerky throttle why have I just ordered Kev,s O2 mod . So I take it when this arrives the settings should be put back to where they were before the dealer chaged them today . .?

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Ages back when i heard about the dash mixture thing I tried it for a while, it was subtle if it did anything at all, I changed back to 0 and left it alone, I suppose where you ride makes a difference, like in town, or rural roads affecting how you are using the throttle, anyway i have a kev mod and left the co at 0, kev mod for me works great.

Locksmith

Reaction score
For me, the biggest difference I had was fitting the G2 throttle tamer, made A mode the mode of choice.
I've now fitted the o2 controller and an EJK fuel controller that I have yet to test.

My advice Jess, after fitting the o2 controller, would be to ride it for a for a few weeks/months first and get used to it before jumping in too quickly and losing your way!

PaulG

Reaction score
Ok I was just about to say if it solved the jerky throttle why have I just ordered Kev,s O2 mod . So I take it when this arrives the settings should be put back to where they were before the dealer chaged them today . .?
Correct.
The O2controller adjusts the whole rev range for the closed loop map.The CO adjustment only does the bottom end of the throttle opening range.

PeaceMaker

Reaction score
Ok so as I said the other day I was having problems with a very jerky throttle . After all the recommendations I have kevs O2 mod on the way , but was at the local yamaha dealer to pick up some givi tankbag stuff and chatting to their chief machninc said I was having a few issues and he popped outside to the bike messed with something on the dash and told me to go for a ride . Throttle surge is just about gone no remap or anything he said he just richened up the mixture .

So now really confused can some one explain this ? .
So what values did he set?

Last edited: