Akrapovic with no baffle :-)

marthy

Reaction score
Marthy, Just to confirm. The bike runs lean with the akrapovic exhaust fitted and the baffle out? The fuel controller you sell fixes that? I know there is some adjustment for this on the dash. Does the fuel controller manage it better? I might be interested !
Hey Mate,

An open exhaust is an open exhaust. Might have few micro bit different here and there but the main difference is style more than anything. When it comes to AFR, it's a matter of airflow and fuel added. In ECO mode while cruising the O2 sensor will tune itself to 14.7:1 AFR. But on acceleration and off the ECO mode at mid range the bike runs in the 15's... should be in the mid 13's. Not sure how much tuning you can do off the dash but might be limited.

With the EJK controller is fix all that and still have plenty of range of adjustment if you need to fine tune a bit. It does improve the jerky throttle by about 90% too. I'll double check the shipping cost for the UK but it should be in the $250 UDS range... quite a deal for you in UK$$$.

Bottom line is, if it didn't get the job done I would not have one on my bike event it it was free or if they were paying me for. Some bikes might perform better with more expensive options but the map is already very good... just a bit too lean for an open exhaust. With the DBK in place the bike will run fine without a fuel controller but adding one will improve ridability and still greatly improve the jerky throttle. Same with the stock exhaust...

PM me if you are interested.

whistleillshoot

Reaction score
Whistle I did mine in our workshop and it's a bitch the first time to get it out. U need a good strong pair of mold grips a rubber mallet and a vice or a strong workshop buddy lol. And bash it out. After that it goes in and out no problem. U have to take the back box off the first time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These mold grips you speak off, what are they? I've never heard of them. Are they like vice grips?

What do you mean by taking the "back box" off the first time?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Locking_pliers.jpg

Hope u can c the picture.

The back box is the last section that is held on with two springs and two 14mm bolts.

Hope that makes sense

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gotcha! Did you grip it in the individual pipes or did you grip from two at a time? By the end were your three pipes on the baffle deformed at all?
We used two pairs. One pair on any 2 of the 3 pipes. It really is a complete ball ache the first time

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No baffle was still perfect. Oh forgot to mention that you have to have the exhaust warm as that makes it far more easier to get it out

Stripy

Reaction score
I appreciate the slight sarcasm.
Not to worry.
I had to google it my self, because i wasn't sure what it was, but had an idea.
Bearing in mind, English isn't my native or first language.

Those who knows me, knows that i wouldn't offend (on purpose) anyone. I see this lmgtfy-site as a fun thing.
But sarcasm? According to wikipedia, there is a different explanation:
Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt."
Now, i'm here to have fun and enjoy the wonderful bike of the MT-09, i hope you can, too ;)

whistleillshoot

Reaction score
Not to worry.
I had to google it my self, because i wasn't sure what it was, but had an idea.
Bearing in mind, English isn't my native or first language.

Those who knows me, knows that i wouldn't offend (on purpose) anyone. I see this lmgtfy-site as a fun thing.
But sarcasm? According to wikipedia, there is a different explanation:

Now, i'm here to have fun and enjoy the wonderful bike of the MT-09, i hope you can, too ;)
No worries! I apologize if I came off as offended. Long day at work, been up since 4:30, bleh. Sarcasm was a poor choice of a word, but tease just sounded weird hahaha. I had no idea LMGTFY even existed! Thanks for the introduction, it shall come in handy :D

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmm, heat gun to warm it up?
No heat gun as that will discolour the back box/silencer. Just run the engine for a few minutes. That will get it warm enough to work with. Top tip...... Take the two springs and 14mm bolts out first to save time or it will b cold again by the time I've done that

Birdy

Reaction score
£900 on a new exhaust and you lot are attacking it with mold [?] mole or even vice grips ! lol I must be too old or too much of a skinflint ;)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
£900 on a new exhaust and you lot are attacking it with mold [?] mole or even vice grips ! lol I must be too old or too much of a skinflint ;)
I do all my work in a Yamaha/Suzuki dealerships workshop. My mate who works there has been awarded the Suzuki mechanic of the year (global)! For the last two years so I'm in great hands as he knows just as much about Yamaha's as he does about Suzuki's lol. Plus it's all done vertically for free or at cost

Birdy

Reaction score
You lucky, lucky git TT ! lol I have all the mechanical expertise of a gorilla whose only tools are set of mole grips and a lump hammer ! Think of how that akra would look after i had ago at it ! But on the plus side , i am cheap , please form an orderly que at my garage/shed door, cash will be fine :cool:

pipski99

Reaction score

If I do go for an Akrapovic on mine I'm leaving the baffle IN. I left the baffle in the Beowulf cans on my Fazer too, apart from maybe twice I went out without them in but even then I had them in my backpack and my tool kit to refit them.

They were easy to install / remove but the Akra I think it's one or the other so for me it's leave it in.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You lucky, lucky git TT ! lol I have all the mechanical expertise of a gorilla whose only tools are set of mole grips and a lump hammer ! Think of how that akra would look after i had ago at it ! But on the plus side , i am cheap , please form an orderly que at my garage/shed door, cash will be fine :cool:
I've known the owner of the dealership for a long time and it's only 100 yards from my house so I'm very lucky as u said..! Pmsl. I get to test all the new gear/kit they get in the shop and offer my opinion on it before they decide to stock it or not. Best gear last year was the new Richa C-Change textiles and the shoei GT-Air helmet. Fantastic gear and I haven't worn waterproofs since having the textiles as they r seriously waterproof lol. I love putting on the shoei as well