Akrapovic with no baffle :-)

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Well, i had the exhaust on a bench and i STILL couldn't get the baffle in. It just doesn't bloody fit. Its also extremely sharp with no where to grip it easily. Anyway, i managed to wedge it in there long enough to hear the engine and make sure the cam chain is OK, which it is. So no need for the baffle until the MOT in 3 years :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, i had the exhaust on a bench and i STILL couldn't get the baffle in. It just doesn't bloody fit. Its also extremely sharp with no where to grip it easily. Anyway, i managed to wedge it in there long enough to hear the engine and make sure the cam chain is OK, which it is. So no need for the baffle until the MOT in 3 years :)

I did say it was a bitch to do. It kinda gets easier the more it gets put in and taken out..! (Well that's wot I tell the wife anyway lol)! Seriously tho... We've had mine in and out 3 times now and it's quite easy now. Sod puttin it in for the MOT haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whistleillshoot

Reaction score
So I'm frustrated and achy, pacing back and forth, and decide to take the exhaust off to try and get the baffle out once again. For some reason, I guess it was the way I flipped it around in my hands, the light above me shot down the midpipe hole on the muffler, and for a split second I caught a glimpse of what was inside. I literally facepalmed myself when I realized the solution to my problem. I grabbed two socket extensions (5" and 8"), put them together and placed them through the midpipe hole on the muffler to the back of the baffle. Grabbed a rubber hammer and went at it. I'll admit, a little bit of steam was let off hammering down on those extensions. After maybe 15 seconds of hammering, the baffle is out.

If anyone else is having trouble removing the baffle, or those who have are looking for what I think is a MUCH easier method of removal, I highly recommend giving it a shot.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I'm frustrated and achy, pacing back and forth, and decide to take the exhaust off to try and get the baffle out once again. For some reason, I guess it was the way I flipped it around in my hands, the light above me shot down the midpipe hole on the muffler, and for a split second I caught a glimpse of what was inside. I literally facepalmed myself when I realized the solution to my problem. I grabbed two socket extensions (5" and 8"), put them together and placed them through the midpipe hole on the muffler to the back of the baffle. Grabbed a rubber hammer and went at it. I'll admit, a little bit of steam was let off hammering down on those extensions. After maybe 15 seconds of hammering, the baffle is out.

If anyone else is having trouble removing the baffle, or those who have are looking for what I think is a MUCH easier method of removal, I highly recommend giving it a shot.

Thanks for letting me ramble.
*in his best punch and Judy voice*
THAT'S THE WAY TO DO IT!

Birdy

Reaction score
Whistle , now i know a large hammer and low level violence is all thats needed , i may get the akra myself one day !:)

braedan

Reaction score
For anyone who has removed the baffle (for the first time), did you have an issue getting the screw that holds the baffle in place out? For some reason, my screw hits the outside titanium of the exhaust box, and whilst the screw is 80% out, you cant unscrew any further because its hitting the edge of the box. Hope this makes sense, and if anyone has encountered the same problem, how did you overcome? Cheers

TT.IAN

Reaction score
yes if its not rainin its blowin a gale. 400 miles so far. I'll keep an ear open for you on Saturday or sunday.