Anyone got the comfort seat?

Kinjane

Reaction score
I will do but it's pretty safe to say we've kicked the arse out of that one lol
According to the latest MCN write up the Tracker seat can't be bought on its own - I was hoping that would not be the case and it would be possible to simply order one over the counter.

Cobweb

Reaction score
£365 including shipping is a bit steep although it does look cool but at that price I'll wait until someone gives a review on it first before I open my wallet.

Marc56

Reaction score
Seat

Thanks for all the replies. Not quite the resounding thumbs up for the comfort seat I was expecting as the dealer (not surprisingly) was singing its praises so much.
Have you looked at the Air-Hawk? Its removable and probably around £100 (sterling).

Marc56

Banksy

Reaction score
Well, just to let you know i've just put an airhawk seat on my bike.. The stock seat was killing me.. result? Fantastic! 80 quid well spent. Can now ride from full tank to empty with no discomfort at all!
Anyone thinking of a comfort seat should look at these too..

Birdy

Reaction score
Why has no one mentioned a whoopie cushion...glued shut obs, or maybe one of those circular jobs for people with the ol farmer giles !! :p

Kinjane

Reaction score
I've been riding with a £4.99 Argos camping mat cut up and layered and double sided together on top of the stock seat until its ended up flat to get an idea what the raised position of the Rally Seat would feel like.

It's all nicely hidden under a sheepskin and the comfort level is phenomenal. The foam even has some memory retention capabilities, but the indent formed is not so great to prevent repositioning yourself as required. Because the last piece of foam is really a smoothing layer you still retain the beginning of the forward slope of the stock seat for use as a back stop.

PaulMT-09

Reaction score
Well I have plumped up £150 for the Seat Concepts foam with gripper/carbon cover and blue stitching. Just waiting for it to arrive and will post an update as to it's comfort. (Hopefully).

Grahame

Reaction score
my seat was killing me after about 80 miles, so much so that next day I was riding standing up!

Quick fix was to wear some of those padded cycle shorts - sorted!

Mukka

Reaction score
I have just purchased a bagster seat it sure beats the standard one lolimage.jpg

MT09-LOZ

Reaction score
Decided to get the Yamaha Comfort Seat in the end. I find it is around 20-30% better than the standard seat. I really liked the look of the" Top Sellerie France Deluxe Comfort Seat", but a bit pricey for me to justify the outlay.

PaulMT-09

Reaction score
image.jpgimage.jpg

I just had fitted the Seat Concepts seat from the USA. Came in at £150 + £31 import charges. And fitting unless you do it yourself. Hopefully the pictures will load up. Doesn't look like much diffrence but the rear of the riders seat is cut out a but more so a little lower and the front raised a touch. The foam is also far superior. I can confirm that after my normal 30 minute commute where after 10 mins I am usually shuffling about to ease my ass pain or move back on the seat after sliding forward, this I fact is a big improvement. It's not luxurious by any means but I did my 30 minute commute there and back (1hr) with no butt pain and absolutely no sliding forward. So at that cost I'm happy.

mudd

Reaction score
I had my Hyosung seat made over by a local upholsterer who stepped and blended the foam into a great shape all for just AU$150. To my surprise the wife is happy with the MT seat but I'm still thinking of taking it in for a makeover. Just looking at the gel options etc at the moment before I decide on which way to go.

Fluke

Reaction score
I had a Yam Fz1 before I got my MT and it came with the 'comfort' seat.
I'm glad I didn't pay for it cos it was useless and gave me a right sore arse after about 50 miles.
A mate with a Fz1 had his seat re-foamed by a nice man just outside Brighton and it was loads better.
When I got my MT09, I took the seat straight to him.
He peeled back the seat cover, chopped out some of the factory foam and replaced it with memory foam.
He put the cover back in place and the seat is 100% better.
His name is Chris and here's his website-http://www.sussexmotorcycles.com/page_1507639.html
Pay him a visit or send your seat to him but I thoroughly recommend him.

Jaffajones

Reaction score
Hi triple , can u get the front number plate on sport tracker, I've got street rally and wanting to change mine and paint it white to match my other fairings, many thanks

rusty

Reaction score
The comfort seat IS better than the standard seat as you would expect, quite a bit better in fact. I do about 150 to 200 miles on an average run and find the standard seat kills me after about 50 miles, but the comfort seat just about lasts 200 before it too becomes uncomfortable. The other half complained about the pillion position on both Yamaha seats so I bought a Corbin saddle, that shut her up and I feel as though I could ride all day on the Corbin and only need now to stop for petrol. Their not cheap but In my opinion well worth the money. If you don't do high mileages the comfort seat would probably do you. I'm changing my bike soon so could sell you either a comfort seat or a Corbin saddle..let me know if your interested.

tjoffe

Reaction score
. I'm changing my bike soon so could sell you either a comfort seat or a Corbin saddle..let me know if your interested.
Is it the gunfighter and lady? I'm interested.
When and how much? Possible to ship 2 sweden?
Is it with the backrest to? ;)
/tjoffe