Better economy in A-mode?

Stripy

Reaction score
For a long time, I have just started the bike and never really bothered about the mode-button.

The last couple of days, I have tried to ride in A-Mode, and even the smile got seriously big and wide, I noticed, that when I looked down on the fuel-mileage-o-meter, it apperared to have about 20% less fuel consumption?

I will deffo try to remember to put it in A-mode every time on next tank, just to have some thing to compare with!

Any other seen any of this?

Last edited:

marthy

Reaction score
On cruising tye O2 sensor take over and keep the AFR @ 14.7:1 right on the dot in every mode when the ECO icon is on on the dash. So fuel economy should be about the same at constant speed.

I know what you mean with the A mode smile... that's what kill the MPG. LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

psychoattractor

Reaction score
For a long time, I have just started the bike and never really bothered about the mode-button.

The last couple of days, I have tried to ride in A-Mode, and even the smile got seriously big and wide, I noticed, that when I looked down on the fuel-mileage-o-meter, it apperared to have about 20% fuel consumption?

I will deffo try to remember to put it in A-mode every time on next tank, just to have some thing to compare with!

Any other seen any of this?
Here in Glasgow, it's rained every day this year, so it's been mainly B mode for me :(. When you say it "appeared to have about 20% fuel consumption", did you mean 20% less fuel consumption?

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Im getting about 46mpg but switching through modes to find what i like at the moment

Birdy

Reaction score
Been commuting to work , about 35 miles a day, usual mix of rain then more rain then freezing rain , so been taking it fairly easy in B [ ponce mode !] . Finally cracked it, 60.4 MPG on clock !!! Anyone else bike done this, or is mine lying ? Roll on sunny days .Also booked in for first service ,nearly 700 miles in a bit over 3 weeks

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Been commuting to work , about 35 miles a day, usual mix of rain then more rain then freezing rain , so been taking it fairly easy in B [ ponce mode !] . Finally cracked it, 60.4 MPG on clock !!! Anyone else bike done this, or is mine lying ? Roll on sunny days .Also booked in for first service ,nearly 700 miles in a bit over 3 weeks
I'm still a B mode wimp breaking it in steady, when it's got some miles on it I'll beat my best and crack the 70

Chris West

Reaction score
I have to say my MPG reading has a problem. Its consistently showing less than 20 but in reality my consumption appears to be the same as its always been.
I'll get it checked at the 6K.

Birdy

Reaction score
Nice one Marcus ! I must try harder, or easier ??? We will have to have A mode wheelie contest when weather improves !

relz

Reaction score
I take my hat off to you guys having such amazing self control.

I can't get my bike to do better than 15km/l (about 42mpg).
I try to ride economically (see the little eco icon every now and then), but I find it hard to keep the bike under the required 5000rpm... I simply can't resist. :rolleyes:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm the same. 42.8 is the best I can get at the mo. Anyone knw wot the MPG is like in standard as I only ever use A mode

Birdy

Reaction score
I'm the same. 42.8 is the best I can get at the mo. Anyone knw wot the MPG is like in standard as I only ever use A mode
To be fair TT you were chasing that RSV at 140 ! lol Getting my mpg on the run to work and back, and as we know its been non stop rain :( Did have a blast in the dry on sunday , generally hooning about wheelies and stuff , hit 130 , trip still showing 52 !!?? if mine is broke , not gonna fix it !

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To be fair TT you were chasing that RSV at 140 ! lol Getting my mpg on the run to work and back, and as we know its been non stop rain :( Did have a blast in the dry on sunday , generally hooning about wheelies and stuff , hit 130 , trip still showing 52 !!?? if mine is broke , not gonna fix it !
130...nice..!
Saw an MCN utube vid the other day and it was a shootout between the MT-09, street triple, mv Augusta brut thingy and the kwaka Z800 and they recon the top speed for the MT-09 was only 131mph. Wot a load of bollox...! I can get that in 4th on Trisha....! I think they need to check those figures again lol

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk