Better economy in A-mode?

chump

Reaction score
I'm definate that the clocks are totally inacurate...

If i go for a long ride, so not being throttle happy, I have hit 63.5mpg, thats cruising, no harsh accelerating, riding like it wasn't stolen.. Nothing... So based on that i should get 190 miles to the tank.... 100 miles and my arse is twitching, praying for a fooking garage round the next corner...

The clocks LIE....
When does your fuel reserve thing come on? I reckon on about 120 - 130, then there's about 25 miles to stopping.

kzxr

Reaction score
What I'm getting from this thread is you all have different ideas about using the modes. I'm getting 61 mpg at the mo, today hit 500 miles and as yet haven't used A other than a quick try. Tried B in town and gotta say it was a lot easier in traffic and town, rest of the time been in standard and it's been fine. Managed 120 miles today and filled up before the light flashed

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Well that surprised the living sh1te out of me... 173 miles on one tank... A mode, and that includes 2.2 miles flashing... Not using STD again.. I have never been that far on one tank... Mind you i had a can in reserve in case i ran out... So if you get about 25-30 in reserve then 200 miles... Shocked....

LewFZ1

Reaction score
A few points need to be mentioned concerning fuel consumption.
Have you got snake hips, are you a fat twat or if you have broad shoulders. A 65kg lightweight will get a better return than a 120kg porker.

flydnb

Reaction score
Blimey I'm only 12 and a half stone and I'm lucky to get 120 miles out of a tank .

El Bandito

Reaction score
IMG_0019.jpgThe perils of using A mode on my new Tracer. Only played for half a tank after my 600 service and I've got down to under 47mpg according to Fuelly (onboard comp had it at 51).