Carbon Fibre - Extended Front Mudguard and Extended Rear Hugger

Bel

Reaction score
Lol. Me too! The guy did a amazing job on the Street Triple extended hugger. Fingers crossed he'll do just as good a job this time. Tbh he has the eye to get lines running so it's pleasing to the eye. I'm no good at that.

Bel

Reaction score
Just got back from fabricator. As usual he hits it out of the park! Here's some photos of the MT-09/FZ-09 extended hugger. Next week I'll collect the MT-09 extended fender and modded heat shield and everything will be sent off for moulding.

It's now 33cm long from the base the tip measures on the outside of the hugger.

Please give me some feedback.

Last edited:

Bel

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, good to hear positive posts. Next plan is to indeed get it onto a bike and get some photos taken. Can anyone help me out maybe? I'm up at Edinburgh so anyone within say 2-3 hours that has maybe a spare hour. I'll of course help you back out in the future for the help.

I'm still waiting on the extended fender which should be next week some time. So I have time left before I mould it.

mirdif64

Reaction score
Didn't actually meet Bel but spoke to him earlier today on phone. He has asked to provide comments/feedback prior to carbon items being produced.
Looks an awful lot better than the originals with extensions fitted.
I have no affiliation to seller, just provided a bike for test fitting.The parts are still with me but if you need any other pictures or any questions about fitting let me know before I send them back to him on Tuesday.

Bel

Reaction score
Thanks Midriff for the help. I appreciate it! 1st extended hugger I get is yours as a thanks.

I'm very happy with the look on the bike.

Sorry we never met up. To late one day and today I ended up next to the road with a flat rear tyre. Got back to the hotel at 10pm eventually,

Last edited:

lee1980

Reaction score
The hugger looks good is that black plastic or grp? I'd be interested in having it in that to if much cheaper.

Bel

Reaction score
Those are the plastic prototypes. They'll go in for moulding for carbon parts.

Banksy

Reaction score
Is the front mudguard any longer at the back than standard and if so by how much please?

mirdif64

Reaction score
Banksy,
The mudguard is longer than standard. It's basically an original plus fender extender moulded into one piece. Will measure it tomorrow and let you know.

mirdif64

Reaction score
MT 09 Extender 001.jpgMT 09 Extender 002.jpgBanksy, it is 12cm longer than standard. I've attached pictures of my mudguard with extender attached. The all in one unit is the same length.

tjoffe

Reaction score
Is there a estimated price on the carbon version yet? Either front or hugger...
Want one but only if you ship to sweden.. :)

Bel

Reaction score
No prices as yet,it all comes down to the price the factory quotes me. This forum and the other MT09 forum will get a discount off the RRP as well (same thing I do for the Triumph community). I'll be sending it off to the factory this coming week for moulding which could take a bit of time.

Shipping parts to you will be no problem. I have a great friend in Sweden that helps me with Daytona prototypes. It's the red and black Daytona in the customer gallery of my website

Last edited:

Bel

Reaction score
Parts arrived at the factory last week. Signed off on moulding cost today and now just the wait for the moulds to be completed and 1st parts to be made for test fitting. It's the slow bit now but at least good progress since last post. I'll post up some info when I get the 1st test parts. Fingers crossed all goes well.

Bel

Reaction score
A month later and I have received the 1st parts to test fit. The lightning is bad where I took the photos but I just wanted to show you guys how it came out so far.
Next job is to get it test fitted. Any one close to Edinburgh willing to help out so we can get this checked out?