Changing the CO settings in the DIAG menu

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
TT - did you or your dealer change the CO settings when you put your S1R on? If so what was it changed to?
My dyno tech checked them when we dyno'd it and they are still on 14 as that's the optimum setting

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

flydnb

Reaction score
out of interest why aren't the optimum settings there from the get go ?

RipGroove

Reaction score
Meaning???

It means that manufacturers may well set the fueling of the bike to meet emissions tests and regulations even though those settings do not give maximum performance. Basically the performance of the bike may be held back by the fact it has to meet certain regulations.

Sent from outer space

Cypher

Reaction score
out of interest why aren't the optimum settings there from the get go ?
My dealer said because that supposedly damages the cat more. That's why they don't advertise this feature as if everyone starts setting it to 14 and their cats start failing Yamaha will have to replace them under warranty which would cost them a small fortune.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My dealer said because that supposedly damages the cat more. That's why they don't advertise this feature as if everyone starts setting it to 14 and their cats start failing Yamaha will have to replace them under warranty which would cost them a small fortune.
Lol. Good job I don't have a cat then ;)

PaulG

Reaction score
It means that manufacturers may well set the fueling of the bike to meet emissions tests and regulations even though those settings do not give maximum performance. Basically the performance of the bike may be held back by the fact it has to meet certain regulations.

Sent from outer space
That is correct

M

MT account

so its burning more fuel or just more efficient ?
its burning more fuel and the pipe makes it more efficient .........but it probably wouldnt pass the emission regs and couldnt be sold running that rich. its all about noise n smog these years......

relz

Reaction score
Has anyone tested, e.g. Dyno'd, setting the C0 to 14 (or other values) with the stock pipe?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk