Changing the CO settings in the DIAG menu

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rip was it u who was after a Db killer for the Akrapovič

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

relz

Reaction score
Look again...! The Two Brothers Air/Fuel starts at 13 rises to 15 and then settles back out at around 13....!

Oh.
I thought I was supposed to comparing "Akrapovič before set set it up rite" to "the Akrapovič set up results along side..."

So you're saying that both Akrapovic graphs are before the setup and only the Two Brothers is after the setup?
In that case there is a BIG difference between the before/after graphs.

(Although we can't be certain that there isn't a dip from 3K revs, because for some reason the TB graph starts at around 3.5K)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh.
I thought I was supposed to comparing "Akrapovič before set set it up rite" to "the Akrapovič set up results along side..."

So you're saying that both Akrapovic graphs are before the setup and only the Two Brothers is after the setup?
In that case there is a BIG difference between the before/after graphs.

(Although we can't be certain that there isn't a dip from 3K revs, because for some reason the TB graph starts at around 3.5K)
Sorry thought I said that at the start. I do apologise. Yes the TB didn't need much sorting to be honest.

stevecbr

Reaction score
Did 160 miles today with mate on R1, with the CO set to 10 on all cylinders.
I'm getting more mpg, 53mpg on 1st tank today, 52mpg on 2nd tank. Very impressed, as a lot of riding was throttle to the stop!
snatchy issue seems better, didnt notice it hardly at all.
Also, suspension settings as mentioned in earlier thread (1 ring showing front, 3/4 turn out from full comp), and preload 5 rear, 3/4 turn out from full comp work really well, had no problems following mate on 2011 big bang R1, and his suspension have been revalved by MCT. Obviously big bumps mid corner, unsettled it a bit, but to be fair my mates R1 reacted exactly the same

M

MT account

im liking this 53mpg malarky! my street is only showing 34.4mpg, surely i ought to be getting more? however it isnt mapped and running zards, triumph cheltenham told me they could map it but it might blow up......confidence inspiring, that.:rolleyes:

RipGroove

Reaction score
im liking this 53mpg malarky! my street is only showing 34.4mpg, surely i ought to be getting more? however it isnt mapped and running zards, triumph cheltenham told me they could map it but it might blow up......confidence inspiring, that.:rolleyes:
You local to Cheltenham? I'm pretty close.

Sent from outer space

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did 160 miles today with mate on R1, with the CO set to 10 on all cylinders.
I'm getting more mpg, 53mpg on 1st tank today, 52mpg on 2nd tank. Very impressed, as a lot of riding was throttle to the stop!
snatchy issue seems better, didnt notice it hardly at all.
Also, suspension settings as mentioned in earlier thread (1 ring showing front, 3/4 turn out from full comp), and preload 5 rear, 3/4 turn out from full comp work really well, had no problems following mate on 2011 big bang R1, and his suspension have been revalved by MCT. Obviously big bumps mid corner, unsettled it a bit, but to be fair my mates R1 reacted exactly the same
That's really good MPG if u ask me..!

M

MT account

You local to Cheltenham? I'm pretty close.

Sent from outer space
nah but its a nice ride out when i *used* to fancy another triumph or accessories. then back over to ross and a blast through that welsh bit....

RipGroove

Reaction score
nah but its a nice ride out when i *used* to fancy another triumph or accessories. then back over to ross and a blast through that welsh bit....
Ahh yeah.

Sent from outer space

relz

Reaction score
I rode to work and back today with the C0 set to 14, and the change was amazing, better than I expected.
It much smoother!
I think that STD and A modes are quite similar to B mode, as far as throttle open/close transitions. I enjoyed it so much that I was playing around with the throttle all the way home :)

(don't frape me for that last sentence ;))

I agree that the suspension tuning + C0 setting have really transformed the bike.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I rode to work and back today with the C0 set to 14, and the change was amazing, better than I expected.
It much smoother!
I think that STD and A modes are quite similar to B mode, as far as throttle open/close transitions. I enjoyed it so much that I was playing around with the throttle all the way home :)

(don't frape me for that last sentence ;))

I agree that the suspension tuning + C0 setting have really transformed the bike.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
just think.....

if I hadn't of said put it on 14 we wud all still be moaning about how snatchy the throttle is lol...

glad it worked for u...

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What he said - thats a weird drop in Torque - TT any ideas what happened there?
No I don't (yet)! but I will be speaking with my dyno guy. I think we need to have a fettling session on the dyno.

Must admit tho... Although there's a dip, I don't feel or notice it at all.