Cutting out???

billygatso

Reaction score
Mine did it once at about 400 miles. Restarted instantly on the switch and has not done it since. I put it down to over zealous pressure washing but who knows. Hopefully yours will heal itself too.

Yatesy

Reaction score
Well......it's been a while since I posted on here.

The problem is still ongoing and going back to the dealers this Friday. In the space of an hour the engine cut out 5 times on a ride. Seems to happen when I'm facing down hill...and downshifting as I said before.

Can't believe nobody is having so much trouble with this as me! It's a right pain! Fingers crossed something flags up

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Always check (and be sure that) the ingition on-off switch is ON !
Few days ago after an overtook of a convoy of 8-10 vehicles in 4th gear suddenly my engine cut-off... i had the cars 50-60 meters behind me so i stayed cool, pulled the clutch-found neutral and stopped at the street;s side... when the cars had overtaken me, i was thinking that i have to call my work, dealer, road assistance etc... before took my gloves off, i touched the key and the digital panel screen was "on" again.
My mechanic's inspection found out that the engine starts even when the key stays between off and on and needs just a touch/vibration to turn-off.
So he suggest me always to turn the key on well enough..
Another reason for cut-offs is when we don;t have enough gas in the tank and the gas-pump become dry under heavy acceleration..

My Toy

Reaction score
I used to have that on my CB 1300, cutting out when braking downhill on a low fuel level, the fuel running to the front away from the pump. Suppose it depends where the pick up is located in the tank but no one else on the CB forum had it and there was nowt wrong with it cos I had it out to check.

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

Yatesy

Reaction score
Is this on a closed throttle that it dies out?

I pull the clutch in, downshift and it cuts out. Literally as soon as I touch the gear selector. I guess it is on a closed throttle, before I blip definitely because I go to blip and its died!

Happens on low fuel, full tank, anytime!

There's nothing that sets it off exactly, by that I mean it doesn't happen every downshift and I can't make it happen so no idea what's causing it.

KJCOX

Reaction score
Might be worth checking your side stand switch for any looseness - possibly the physics of slowing down may cause it to move slightly and cut you out. Wouldn't be the first time a switch is adjusted so that it's on but only just. As an aside - is there any way of getting the bike restarted except by trying to find neutral and kicking it over again?

Yatesy

Reaction score
Might be worth checking your side stand switch for any looseness - possibly the physics of slowing down may cause it to move slightly and cut you out. Wouldn't be the first time a switch is adjusted so that it's on but only just. As an aside - is there any way of getting the bike restarted except by trying to find neutral and kicking it over again?

Yeh the bike starts on the switch straight away again. Don't need to switch the ignition off and on or anything.

Yatesy

Reaction score
Well....dealer has had it twice said it doesn't happen to them and thy can't find anything wrong. I took it out....with my gopro attached and it cut out 3 times, then I took the mechanic pillion and thankfully it happened, just the once, but at least they know it's not a figment of my imagination.

Fingers crossed they get it sorted!

CT/

Reaction score
I know this sounds daft but yer not nockin the killswitch forward I take it ?

Yatesy

Reaction score
Not touching the kill switch mate, dealer has had it and replaced the starter/kill switch under warranty but it's still doing it.

Taking it back, again, this week.

A mate of mine mentioned to me about the side stand kill switch, as its in the same area as the gear shift, possibly something to look at there?!?!?!? Might mention it to the dealer when it goes back

CT/

Reaction score
Not touching the kill switch mate, dealer has had it and replaced the starter/kill switch under warranty but it's still doing it.

Taking it back, again, this week.

A mate of mine mentioned to me about the side stand kill switch, as its in the same area as the gear shift, possibly something to look at there?!?!?!? Might mention it to the dealer when it goes back
I would definetly be kicking up a fuss dude, i,d be worried about using the bike, if it cuts out on a motor it obviously would be well dangerous :(

Ykgen

Reaction score
Engine cut out right after ignition

Hi,

Recently I experienced engine cut out issue when the engine is hot, switch off the engine and turn it on after a few minutes, the engine will cut out right after ignition.

The idling speed is just touching 1,000rpm and I have to rev the bike to keep it from cutting out. Sometimes I need to try 2 times to get the engine started.

I have an Akrapovic carbon full system and Bazzaz Zfi installed on my bike.

What can be done? I just did a throttle body sync but the issue still exists.

Ykgen

Reaction score
Is the Bazzaz set up correctly for a start?
it should be.. it was tuned and dyno.

New observation, the problem can be minimized by allowing the bike to "take a deep breath" like 10 seconds after turning the key and until the buzzing is all over, the bike can be started without cutting out.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
it should be.. it was tuned and dyno.

New observation, the problem can be minimized by allowing the bike to "take a deep breath" like 10 seconds after turning the key and until the buzzing is all over, the bike can be started without cutting out.
So after the fuel pump has primed properly all is well?

Jackal

Reaction score
Cutting out

Hi, i had the same problem a few times when the bike was on lower mileage between 500 to 1200 ,changing down from 2nd to 1st took it back to dealer they couldn't get the bike to cut out as it doesn't always happen they did a diagnostic but this showed nothing only seemed to happen on warmer days coming up to 3000 miles not reoccurred (fingers crossed)

Ykgen

Reaction score
Hi, i had the same problem a few times when the bike was on lower mileage between 500 to 1200 ,changing down from 2nd to 1st took it back to dealer they couldn't get the bike to cut out as it doesn't always happen they did a diagnostic but this showed nothing only seemed to happen on warmer days coming up to 3000 miles not reoccurred (fingers crossed)
it could just be the strange behavior of the bike itself. every bike has its own characteristics LOL..

Ykgen

Reaction score
[video=youtube;F-fGjR1xwSo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-fGjR1xwSo[/video]

This is the problem i am facing.. check out the video at 0:19 to 0:22..

Is that normal? or I should just live with it?