Dealer ecu flash

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Motorcycle Mart in Kidderminster, Worcs. Booked it in this morning, then went to Stratford Upon Avon for a ride, about 90/100 miles round trip. Making the most of the sun...

Also mentioned the CCT, so hopefully they'll just replace it!

Last edited:

widds

Reaction score
Yamaha ECU Map Flash

Hi I am a new owner and forum member, I am also a motor engineer. Love the MT but want to sort out it's little glitches starting with the motor...........

Today I picked up my MT9 after having the Yamaha update ECU & Flash completed. It's a totally different bike..... no snatch and also running smoother at lower rpm's. I am still thinking of getting a G2 throttle control tamer to make it smoother and improve the usable cornering power further.

But I must say I am thinking... I will now have a go at a reprofiling the cam shape on the existing first quater of the control tube, to shape it like the G2 profile. Nothing to loose as it would only be in the bin anyway.

I have also removed all the cable free play and the effect is better for cornering control wind on/off power.

Also running with higher temp high octane premium fuel.

The Yamaha mod is not a recall you have to book it in as a warranty issue. They will not reverse the flash but I can't think of a reason why you would ever want to go backwards. Hope this helps anyone with issues I will update further when I have completed a few more tuning aspects so far this is all for free with some basic skills I hope to make a video of the twist grip cam modification.

Cheers David TTS

My Toy

Reaction score
I had a G2 before the remap and that alone improved the throttle but now with the remap as well I'm very happy with the bike again. You may not need the G2 as I know a pal of mine has had the remap using the stock tube and he's reported the same improvements as other members.
Welcome to the forum.
(TTS in the sig?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stevecbr

Reaction score
Hi Widds,
there are a few post on reprofiling the throttle cam shape. If you dont fancy butchering your MT09 one, the FZ ones fit. I bought one of ebay for £3 and reprofiled that. It did work, but to me it just felt like a mode felt like standard, standard felt like b etc, so changed mine back

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Spoke to my mechanic who said to me that it is better for me to wait until he' ll "re-map update" another bike (maybe one of their demos) and call me to ride it.
You know, here many disagree by saying "that's why the bike has the B mode" ..
I can go and do it....or not ???

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Gonna c what mines like after flash, all I'm looking for is a smoother feel in lower revs, sometimes when riding slow, small roundabouts etc, that's when I find it snatchy and I compensate with slight clutch, if that doesn't help....G2, or Simons update (but that's another thread)..

Colton123

Reaction score
For the people that have had the flash has all the snatch gone altogether ? And is the bike ok in all modes.

My Toy

Reaction score
Short answer for me is yes and yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boro

Reaction score
For the people that have had the flash has all the snatch gone altogether ? And is the bike ok in all modes.

I'd say 95% gone and even when you do feel it it's not as harsh as before..Well worth getting done

rob5006

Reaction score
With a G2 Throttle Tamer and Dna Filter, I don't have any snatch whatsoever...in all modes. That's my opinion...Perfect!

Colton123

Reaction score
I have the G2 rob5006 and it seamed to fix the snatch for a while but now it is back even worse. The bike feels like it is missfiring under 4000rpm all the time ringing my dealer tomorrow ? Just worried if I go for the yamaha flash and it is now better? But if this is the case they can have the bike back as in my opinion it is unfit for purpose and back to suzuki I will go .

RipGroove

Reaction score
I have the G2 rob5006 and it seamed to fix the snatch for a while but now it is back even worse. The bike feels like it is missfiring under 4000rpm all the time ringing my dealer tomorrow ? Just worried if I go for the yamaha flash and it is now better? But if this is the case they can have the bike back as in my opinion it is unfit for purpose and back to suzuki I will go .
Mine also feels like its missing while held at constant throttle but I'm that it is down to the 02 sensor constantly trying to maintain the A/F ratio? It doesn't feel right to me tbh.

relz

Reaction score
I have the G2 rob5006 and it seamed to fix the snatch for a while but now it is back even worse.
It's funny you mention that, I was just thinking a similar thing today on my ride to work.

I remember when I installed the G2 I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth the bike was. I felt it fixed 95% of the snatchiness, and was really very reasonable to handle and control.
Now I feel as if the snatch is back, and I'm hesitating again in the slow corners, as I'm trying to apply the throttle as smooth as possible.

I can think of two explanations for this behavior:

• I'm spoiled. I've now gotten so used to the 95% smooth, that the 5% abruptness is bothering me... As far as I can recall (although it's hard to tell without actually checking again) it was indeed much worse before I got the G2, but now I'm expecting smoothness so much that the smallest snatch bothers me.
  • Something has actually changed. Considering the fact the people who've installed the high flowing Dna filter report that it's improved the smoothness, it tends me to believe that less airflow equals less smoothness. Perhaps my air filter is clogging up? I do live in a relatively dusty area and my bike has ridden over 13,000 km on this filter.
    On my previous bike I could feel quite well when my air filter was dirty, because the bike would be more sluggish. The revs wouldn't climb up as fast as usual, and sometimes it would almost conk out. Of course it didn't doing anything to the throttle opening smoothness back then, probably due to the fact that it was carburetted, rather than FI.

Any other ideas?

(perhaps this post should be moved to the G2 Throttle section)

rob5006

Reaction score
I've done about 400 miles since the re-map and had no problems whatsoever....my co settings haven't been changed from stock.

Colton123

Reaction score
Yes relz but when I first had the G2 seemed to cure the throttle problem now because I have used the bike constantly for 2 weeks it is back to how it was before B mode is really bad and the bike seams to misfire standard is snatchy A mode is about the best but still snatchy. The bike sounds like it is over fuelling to me? As said will ring my dealer if the flash does no good the bike will go as it is unfit for purpose. Don't see why I should pay to have it mapped on a rolling road when it should have been right in the first place. Always had suzuki Before never a problem apart from being to old to ride the race bikes lol

Thunder Child

Reaction score
Mine was being a little funny since the remap with starting needing two attempts and it just felt a little 'off' I didn't know how to describe it.

Then I remembered I'd done the CO adjustments before the reflash and wondered if the reflash had maintained them or not. Turns out they were still set to 14.

I've only had one ride since turning them back to 0 on all three cyl but it feels better.

Possibly placebo but just something I thought worth mentioning.

Colton123

Reaction score
Yamaha have done the new map today on my bike let u now the outcome tomorrow . Was annoyed as they did not test the bike before the map as they said they would and when asked if they did after the map they said they rode it round there car park ? But let u guys no how it performs tomorrow .

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Yamaha have done the new map today on my bike let u now the outcome tomorrow . Was annoyed as they did not test the bike before the map as they said they would and when asked if they did after the map they said they rode it round there car park ? But let u guys no how it performs tomorrow .
Hi Colton123, dropping mine in today, being done Tuesday, who did yours?

My dealer did one last week and took it out in B Mode, reckon there wasn't any difference... Not a conclusive test really... I'm doing mine on the good reports so far in this forum... I'll keep you all posted, but it will be with them until Friday as I'm working away..