Dealer ecu flash

boro

Reaction score
Boro, is it anymore so easy to do wheelies on STD mode with 2nd gear as it was before the "update".?

Not being a big wheelie stunt man, I notice no difference, I think it's more controllable now as you have complete confidence in what 1mm of throttle is going to do.

Reaction score
oh i cant be assed with it! if some australian twat with 7 posts thinks he knows the difference between the MT and the FZ then by all means listen to him...........next thing he'll be calling me a peedo.......after all im just talking shit-i know nothing.

Mate, I have no idea how you're sustaining so much rage over this. I'm sorry I've offended you to such a degree that you feel like you need to go on about my comment like this.

Me said:
Why would Yamaha put the FZ-09 map on our MT-09's given the FZ's were criticized for shit throttle as well?
That was what I said which seems to have gotten you so riled up. I don't understand?

Fact is, I think I think you're wrong that they've just put the FZ map on the MT. You disagree with me and that's fine, you're welcome to that. Yes, you have the MT & the FZ but by what I gather you've not ridden the new MT engine map? So how can you directly compare the two? You're no more experienced in this regard than I am.

If you've actually ridden the new map on the MT09 and you still think it's a simple copy paste job then I will concede you may be right. But until then we're going to have to agree to disagree, so feel free to continue attacking me with irrelevant stuff like post count and nationality. This is the internet after all so we can all be heros :)

Reaction score
oh i cant be assed with it! if some australian twat with 7 posts thinks he knows the difference between the MT and the FZ then by all means listen to him...........next thing he'll be calling me a peedo.......after all im just talking shit-i know nothing.
Mate you need to uncross your wires, I wasn't taking sides but if anything I sided with you as I know you have both bikes.

All I did was enquire as to whether you'd tried the new map on the MT and compared it to your FZ and pointed out that you'd be a good candidate to do that as you have ridden the FZ so could make a good comparison.

If you can't see that and would rather keep slagging me off for no good reason then I give up also.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Forum member FLYDNB has pointed out on another thread that the new street rally has been fitted with the new mapping. If your local Yam. dealer has a demo in stock then it may be worth having a spin on it to answer your questions with regards to the smoothness and power of the new mapping.....many thanks Fldnb..!

Reaction score
Forum member FLYDNB has pointed out on another thread that the new street rally has been fitted with the new mapping. If your local Yam. dealer has a demo in stock then it may be worth having a spin on it to answer your questions with regards to the smoothness and power of the new mapping.....many thanks Fldnb..!
Good info!

Reaction score
For all of us G2 Throttle tamer owners, I have just replaced my G2 Throttle tamer with the stock tube in order to compare the power delivery between the two. Having had the opportunity now to fully assess the new mapping with the G2 tamer, for 'peace of mind', I will now assess the mapping with the stock 'tube'....give me a couple of days or so (Weather permitting) and I will report back with my findings....the winner will be the one with smoother yet powerful performance...I will be unbiased in the assessment and the winner gets to live on the bike for the remainder of my ownership...the stock part has an hard act to follow because the G2 Tamer (along with Dna filter) and new mapping is just brilliant...but you never know.....stay tuned folks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good comparison. Looking forward to seeing how it works compared to the G2.

In theory the G2 Throttle tamer along with new mapping should be the smoother roll-on than with just the stock tube, but just want to see what the mapping is like with just the stock tube. I have nothing to lose because i can always re-fit the G2 should i want to keep my super-smooth roll-on...(The Dna Filter will naturally stay on the bike because of its superior quality and additional advantages.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just wonder whether with the on/off transition already very smooth with the new software whether with the G2 it'll actually become 'slow' until the cam profile in the grip changes.

Reaction score
I just wonder whether with the on/off transition already very smooth with the new software whether with the G2 it'll actually become 'slow' until the cam profile in the grip changes.

Have been told from the mechanic who has been doing the mapping and has tested all MT09s before and after the re-map, some with G2 tamers and some without...that the G2 bikes that he had re-mapped were a touch smoother....in his opinion. Will find out as soon as the weather dries up. Will treat my bike as a 'demo' stock bike...(but obviously with the Akra exhaust, Dna filter, etc)...just want to see how she performs without the tamer off and
on......just out of curiosity...have a feeling that i will be putting the G2 back on unless i see something special to make me keep it off and retain the stock tube.

Last edited:
Reaction score
MAPPING ASSESSMENT / REPORT

I have Just returned from testing the new mapping with and without G2 Throttle tamer. The mapping WITHOUT the G2 Throttle tamer is really smooth in all modes. I tried everything to get a snatch out of the bike and failed. I rode over poor road surface, old tarmac, rough ground going around bends purposefully trying to ride on the worst road surface i could find....and there was a lot of it on our crap UK roads! The bike never surged forward or stuttered but remained smooth regardless of what was thrown at it-in all modes....I was really harsh on the A mode and had a couple of surges rather than snatches in 3rd gear but only because i was heavy on the throttle and the bike was responding as it should with its aggressive power. I then switched back to my G2 Throttle tamer and couldn't tell any difference in STD and B mode. It felt identical to the stock throttle tube...smooth, predicable and progressive...(and fast!) The throttle tamer became slightly evident when i was again being rough with the bike in A mode in 3rd gear and the surge forward was hardly noticable...as you would expect, after all, that is the G2 Throttle tamers job....but bear in mind that i was riding like a madman and looking for trouble. If i snapped the throttle back in any mode than it would wheelie...which is what i wanted it to do-no loss of power!
I would recommend that if you have the Throttle tamer fitted, then keep it on, it will make your A mode just that touch smoother, the B and STD mode you wont notice any difference.
If you haven't had the new mapping done-then get it done....it's a different bike and you will not be disappointed...it is smooth in all modes regardless of how you ride. No loss of power at all-but more fun because the power and stability of the bike is more predictable and settled-you will feel invincible.....and make you 18 years old all over again....Enjoy! (The G2 Tamer will be staying on the bike but could quite happily manage without it!)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just returned from testing the new mapping with and without G2 Throttle tamer. The mapping without the G2 Throttle tamer is really smooth in all modes. I tried everything to get a snatch out of the bike and failed. I rode over poor road surface, old tarmac, rough ground going around bends purposefully trying to ride on the worst road surface i could find....and there was a lot of it on our crap UK roads! The bike never surged forward or stuttered but remained smooth regardless of what was thrown at it-in all modes....I was really harsh on the A mode and had a couple of surges rather than snatches in 3rd gear but only because i was heavy on the throttle and the bike was responding as it should with its aggressive power. I then switched back to my G2 Throttle tamer and couldn't tell any difference in STD and B mode. It felt identical to the stock throttle tube...smooth, predicable and progressive...(and fast!) The throttle tamer became slightly evident when i was again being rough with the bike in A mode in 3rd gear and the surge forward was hardly noticable...as you would expect, after all, that is the G2 Throttle tamers job....but bear in mind that i was riding like a madman and looking for trouble. If i snapped the throttle back in any mode than it would wheelie...which is what i wanted it to do-no loss of power!
I would recommend that if you have the Throttle tamer fitted, then keep it on, it will make your A mode just that touch smoother, the B and STD mode you wont notice any difference.
If you haven't had the new mapping done-then get it done....it's a different bike and you will not be disappointed...it is smooth in all modes regardless of how you ride. No loss of power at all-but more fun because the power and stability of the bike is more predictable and settled-you will feel invincible.....and make you 18 years old all over again....Enjoy! (The G2 Tamer will be staying on the bike but could quite happily manage without it!)
Nice work. Need to get mine booked in.

dave69

Reaction score
Thanks rob just booked mine in at raceway fleetwood for this Friday coming.they couldn't have been more helpful if they tried.

Reaction score
Just returned from testing the new mapping with and without G2 Throttle tamer. The mapping without the G2 Throttle tamer is really smooth in all modes. I tried everything to get a snatch out of the bike and failed. I rode over poor road surface, old tarmac, rough ground going around bends purposefully trying to ride on the worst road surface i could find....and there was a lot of it on our crap UK roads! The bike never surged forward or stuttered but remained smooth regardless of what was thrown at it-in all modes....I was really harsh on the A mode and had a couple of surges rather than snatches in 3rd gear but only because i was heavy on the throttle and the bike was responding as it should with its aggressive power. I then switched back to my G2 Throttle tamer and couldn't tell any difference in STD and B mode. It felt identical to the stock throttle tube...smooth, predicable and progressive...(and fast!) The throttle tamer became slightly evident when i was again being rough with the bike in A mode in 3rd gear and the surge forward was hardly noticable...as you would expect, after all, that is the G2 Throttle tamers job....but bear in mind that i was riding like a madman and looking for trouble. If i snapped the throttle back in any mode than it would wheelie...which is what i wanted it to do-no loss of power!

Excellent news! I dropped mine off today for them to do during the week (can't get to them during the week because of work) & roll on next Saturday when I pick it up again! :)

Reaction score
Great review rob,thanks.
Everyone who's experienced the new map gives it the big thumbs up ( even MCN for what its worth) which is making me think i need to get it done.
The only thing holding me back is that i cant seem to get a guarantee that the ECU can be tweaked further in the future.
I can understand Yam saying it cant be put back to stock, but i do think this is because they don't want people pissing the dealers off by wanting it changed back and fore if they can't make their minds up, which doesn't seem likely considering the rave reviews the new map has had.
Has anyone had concrete confirmation that the ECU can be altered after the new Yam map has been done?
Cheers.

Reaction score
Great review rob,thanks.
Everyone who's experienced the new map gives it the big thumbs up ( even MCN for what its worth) which is making me think i need to get it done.
The only thing holding me back is that i cant seem to get a guarantee that the ECU can be tweaked further in the future.
I can understand Yam saying it cant be put back to stock, but i do think this is because they don't want people pissing the dealers off by wanting it changed back and fore if they can't make their minds up, which doesn't seem likely considering the rave reviews the new map has had.
Has anyone had concrete confirmation that the ECU can be altered after the new Yam map has been done?
Cheers.
This is what I'd put my money on. They'd lose loads of future sales if they "locked out" the ecu from future tuning, it just wouldn't make sense.

Reaction score
Thanks rob just booked mine in at raceway fleetwood for this Friday coming.they couldn't have been more helpful if they tried.

Quality dealer that know how to provide an A1 service and look after their customers...an example of how a dealer should be....Enjoy!