Dealer ecu flash

Colton123

Reaction score
The dealer actually phoned me today they are now sending the bike back to yamaha uk to see if they can sort it out so a little bit of progress :eek:

boro

Reaction score
There is a section of the sales of goods act that says something like "a product must be for for purpose and you have to give the dealer "reasonable" amount of time to repair".

Now this is where it gets difficult as who decides what is reasonable, I would set there expectations by giving them a date after which you will exercise your right to return the fault and not fit for purpose goods.
CAB will be your friend as you will need to do this via a letter of email so its all recorded, would also include Yamaha UK.

I just had a dealer here scuff my wheels (Blu) and he tried to say it was standard when changing a wheel etc etc, could have been anyone (hmm they are the only people to touch the bike) could be stone chips (not at right angles to the rotation of the wheel), so I just told him fix, his choice how. So after a bit of a wait he has touched up and polished them,

Stick by the hard line, but keep calm and quote the sales of goods act (uncle google will have the answer if you don't wan to talk to CAB).
But definitely give them a date you decide what is a reasonable time to fix........

Last edited:

Colton123

Reaction score
Cheers boys at last getting some where just missing the bike been away 2 weeks all ready. Cheers boro will us the sales of goods act but will see what they come back with bikes not going down there till next week.

mudrock

Reaction score
Good luck Colton123,
Watching this thread with interest,
I am holding back on getting my bike done, for me, the jury is still out,

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Colton123...... Give them he'll buddy, 'Sale of Goods Act', 'Trading standards', 'CAB', Chuck wot you can at them, at least CMC have admitted something and Yam are taking it in...... Fingers crossed for u..... U might get a new one. (Ask for 2015 colour.... Them blue forks look wicked)

If ya wanna take mine for a spin... Ya can!

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Ride out to Stratford upon Avon today, first proper dry ride since Yamaha flash, love it, so much better, more confidence all round, less wrist ache as not having to tense up and micro throttle.... And no clutch control needed thru small roundabouts, get the right gear and round we go.... Fabulous.....

MartinB

Reaction score
Ride out to Stratford upon Avon today, first proper dry ride since Yamaha flash, love it, so much better, more confidence all round, less wrist ache as not having to tense up and micro throttle.... And no clutch control needed thru small roundabouts, get the right gear and round we go.... Fabulous.....
Was there myself this morning. (Sunday) first proper ride on the MT for me, great day. Still pleased with my buy so far .;)

matt.b

Reaction score
Re posting this to the right thread this time:

1. Is there any way to check what version map is on my bike?

2. The dealer told me that new models have the software update but it feels anarchy as hell so I don't believe it.

Cheers!

Kinjane

Reaction score
Unless there's a sticker on it, I would think it would requires a dealer tool to electronically extract the map version info from the ECU database.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unless there's a sticker on it, I would think it would requires a dealer tool to electronically extract the map version info from the ECU database.
Unfortunately dealers can't tell what the version is on ur ECU. Only yamaha can tell u that.

Kinjane

Reaction score
The dealer tool they provide must be fairly basic and probably expensive. Even Freeware on my laptop for my Triumph would tell me the Map I was using !

MattB. If there's no obvious sticker then the easy option would be a side by side comparison against a shop demo bike.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The dealer tool they provide must be fairly basic and probably expensive. Even Freeware on my laptop for my Triumph would tell me the Map I was using !

MattB. If there's no obvious sticker then the easy option would be a side by side comparison against a shop demo bike.
Trust me it's very basic kit and yes it's way over priced lol

Last edited:

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
I just arrange to visit Yama-dealer on Monday morning for the recall of the light cable and............. for the official remap update...
As i wrote before i'll be the first greek owner MT-09 who will done this.
So i feel the need to trust all you mates who already did the procedure.
My ambition is to use the bike in city traffic conditions all year... and alltough i used to manage the micro-mooves of the throttle, i start have cramps in my right palm.
And they'll give me an MT-07 to ride... cause they don't want me to stay there watching them....:confused:

Last edited:

CT/

Reaction score
I just arrange to visit Yama-dealer on Monday morning for the recall of the light cable and............. for the official remap update...
As i wrote before i'll be the first greek owner MT-09 who will done this.
So i feel the need to trust all you mates who already did the procedure.
My ambition is to use the bike in city traffic conditions all year... and alltough i used to manage the micro-mooves of the throttle, i start have cramps in my right palm.
And they'll give me an MT-07 to ride... cause they don't want me to stay there watching them....:confused:
Thats strange,dont want you to watch them, sure they,re not just going to adjust the throttle freeplay :rolleyes: