Dynojet PCV for FZ-09

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can speak to my Dynojet tech and ask him his opinion..! He is as honest as the day is long so will get the rite answer...

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Basil

Reaction score
Hmmm... motomummy got PCV on special for US$285.
is there any point of one of these with stock exhaust???
AU$375 to my doorstep, and yes,US$285 is correct. These bikes are running very lean to get into OZ, so to get them running better, you will need to richen them up (PVC). By fitting pipe, just means you would need to run a differnet map.

graeme.doolan

Reaction score
Yes using the diagnostic mode and adj the CO settings for each cylinder

Doin skids and shooting flames

Basil

Reaction score
Yes using the diagnostic mode and adj the CO settings for each cylinder

The CO settings in the diagnostics, is for at idle, and just off idle 2% of throttle. Check your A/F ratio whilst changing the settings at 5% throttle, and you will see no difference. Once you go over 2% throttle, you rely on the map in your ecu.

julianziggy

Reaction score
hey Basil, where did you find this out? it the first i've heard of it

i didnt want to increase the CO settings because it seemed like it would increase fuel consumption, but if what you say is true then i dont see how fuel consumption would be affect ed much

Basil

Reaction score
hey Basil, where did you find this out? it the first i've heard of it

i didnt want to increase the CO settings because it seemed like it would increase fuel consumption, but if what you say is true then i dont see how fuel consumption would be affect ed much
A friend of mine,who has a lot to do with modifying bikes told me. He has actually tested this on a dyno. Think about it, if you could alter the A/F ratio throughout the rev range, then you would have no need for a PCV,my friend says the bike will run on the F & L trim tables after a certain TPS voltage & use inputs in the open & closed loop trim table maps, he said the Co is only for base settings & does not affect the A/F ratio over approx 2% throttle openings.

graeme.doolan

Reaction score
Ok thanks for that, not sure why you need adj for idle only but good to know

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the frame number or ECU part number of their FZ-09 (American only)!
Two Brothers are goin to supply me with a PC5 with a map already on it for the Two Brothers I've got on my bike but we don't know if it's gonna be compatible with my MT-09 (EU)!

Yamaha can't/won't tell us the difference between the FZ and the MT ECU's so we need a frame/part number to put into the system at my dealership so we can see the difference.

MT-Pete

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the frame number or ECU part number of their FZ-09 (American only)!
Two Brothers are goin to supply me with a PC5 with a map already on it for the Two Brothers I've got on my bike but we don't know if it's gonna be compatible with my MT-09 (EU)!

Yamaha can't/won't tell us the difference between the FZ and the MT ECU's so we need a frame/part number to put into the system at my dealership so we can see the difference.

Trips you can go onto https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/ & look at the FZ09 parts catalogue. There seems to be 6 different versions of the bike (probably to do with emissions for different states).
I've just had a quick look, P/N 1RC-8591A-20-00 is for an FZ09ER. You have 5 others to chose from, your time starts now! :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trips you can go onto https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/ & look at the FZ09 parts catalogue. There seems to be 6 different versions of the bike (probably to do with emissions for different states).
I've just had a quick look, P/N 1RC-8591A-20-00 is for an FZ09ER. You have 5 others to chose from, your time starts now! :)
Thanks for the info Pete. Much appreciated. Wonder wot the ER stands for? :p

crotchrocket

Reaction score

From Stoltec a while ago.

Unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of support for the EU bikes. You guys have a different ECU and the connector, pin-outs, and maps are different. That said, I'm told Flash Tune is working on hacking the EU model. Assuming that can be done, I'd be willing to work something out with a UK reseller.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
From Stoltec a while ago.

Unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of support for the EU bikes. You guys have a different ECU and the connector, pin-outs, and maps are different. That said, I'm told Flash Tune is working on hacking the EU model. Assuming that can be done, I'd be willing to work something out with a UK reseller.
Mornin Mr C. I think I'm gonna have to take the TB exhaust off and put the Akrapovič back on. I'm not gonna shell out another 400-500 quid trying to put this rite. Not a happy teddy today.

Schultzy

Reaction score
Mornin Mr C. I think I'm gonna have to take the TB exhaust off and put the Akrapovič back on. I'm not gonna shell out another 400-500 quid trying to put this rite. Not a happy teddy today.

Ive missed something here - put what right?

Expensive option but flashtune have a DIY thats comapatible with international models (or so it says) - you can load the PCV maps from their site which caters for TB FT ECU Inc. » 14-15 FZ / MT – 9 Data-Link ECU Flashing Kits

Last edited: