Evotech...Anyone had any problems...?

Jetty

Reaction score
Hi - Has anyone experienced any trouble at all with fitting the Evotech radiator cover please?

Here's what's happening with me: The cover arrived warped in a springy way. I can flex it straight, then when released reverts to being warped. Not a problem I don't think.

Then, having the Street Rally, I have to move a bracket a little out of the way at the top of the radiator so that the top of the cover will fit over the radiator. No big deal here YET, but with it moved, even by a few mill, will I have a problem re-fitting the Street Rally side panels...?

Then, each silver side bracket won't bolt onto the back of the radiator securely. The top, larger bolt on the right hand side goes in fine, but not the lower one. Perhaps its a tad too short. The singular left hand side bolt won't go in either. The silver bracket won't allow the hole to line up. I have tried attaching the cover to the brackets first etc. but still won't go.

When in its best position, the cover isn't exactly in the middle of the radiator either, meaning despite using the neoprene padded strips on each side, metal is still touching metal.

I have been led to believe that Evotech stuff was really bloody good. But I'm struggling to see how at the moment. Have I just got a Friday afternoon one??

Thanks

Jetty

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
I have one. Can't remember having a problem when fitting it though. If I recall, it was a little warped in a springy way. The cover does touch the radiator when pressed, but that's not to say that it's noisy over bumpy terrain, at all. I don't think Yamaha side panels are designed to fit with the Evotech.

martin watson

Reaction score
Did you get to fit your guard ? I had the same problem and ended up removing the foam around the edges and sliding the guard behind the Street Rally bracket that is in front of the rad then secured it with cable ties at the top and bottom, I don't think theses guards are designed for the Street Rally.

Jetty

Reaction score
In the end I didn't fit the guard. I loosened the bolts at the top of the rad that also hold on the Street Rally bracket, slid the guard in and re-tightened. However, this pushed the bracket out by the thickness of the guard, meaning that the lower bolts of the Street Rally bracket would no longer align with the plastic Street Rally side panels. In addition to this I couldn't get all three bolts into the back of the radiator to hold the guard on with their shiny wrap around brackets. I'm not convinced that removing the spongy strips would have made any difference other than perhaps helping with the three bolts at the rear. I also didn't want the metal of the bracket vibrating and rubbing paint from the radiator itself.

I contacted Evotech who then admitted that the guard wasn't for the Street Rally, just the naked MT-09, and asked to return it. I have returned it, but nearly two weeks have passed without confirmation of receipt or refund. :/