Front indicator bulb needed

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I work in the car spares industry and I have found that Osram do these bulbs, part number is 5009. When I am back at work Monday I will check with them if they are available and how much I can get them for. already seen them online for £4.34. But I should be able to get them cheaper as we buy direct, will post when I know.

Osram 5009.jpg

Attachments

pipski99

Reaction score
Just found this on Amazon 10 bulbs for £12.58, delivered FREE in the UK http://www.amazon.co.uk/OSRAM-5009-BAU15s-Bulb-Box/dp/B00BO8WI16
Top job Trevor, just checked out the bulb I took out of the indicator and it is an Osram 5009. That link on amazon though says estimated delivery time 13th - 17th March. I was at the confirming order stage when I saw that I thought better of it. I don't fancy being off the road for 3-4 weeks for the sake of an indicator bulb.

Certainly seems to be a supply problem for these bulbs.

pipski99

Reaction score
Thanks Trevor, you the man!

I'll wait and see what they tell you before I go spend £90 on the Yamaha LED indicators.

Birdy

Reaction score
MY GOD ! Reading this with my jaw on the floor ! ROBBING BASTARDS ! £9 for akin blub, i mean bulb !! The mt 09 should retail about £ 37,000 then ! gonna break mine , flog it and buy all colours in ab fu@king s!! I should mention im so tight i usually only breath in, so you can imagine the effect this has on me :eek:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
MY GOD ! Reading this with my jaw on the floor ! ROBBING BASTARDS ! £9 for akin blub, i mean bulb !! The mt 09 should retail about £ 37,000 then ! gonna break mine , flog it and buy all colours in ab fu@king s!! I should mention im so tight i usually only breath in, so you can imagine the effect this has on me :eek:
Birdy I've heard ur that tight u wudnt even give a door a bang lol. Seriously tho. My dealer has boxes of them so if anyone is desperate for any i can sort something out for them

pipski99

Reaction score
MY GOD ! Reading this with my jaw on the floor ! ROBBING BASTARDS ! £9 for akin blub, i mean bulb !!
Update on this bulb is: I have been to my Yamaha dealer and they want £11.72 for 1 indicator bulb. I said no.

After a bit of wrangling and bringing up the seat I ordered with them and their shoddy performance regarding that I managed to wangle a full set of Genuine Yamaha LED indicators for £66 which should have been £89.98.

So no more bulbs needed just got to work out fitting the LED indicators. From what I can see the fronts need to remove the fly screen to get to remove the old ones and fit the new ones. As for the rears I haven't even looked yet.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My LED indicators r going on tomorrow along with HELL braided lines

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Birdy

Reaction score
Update on this bulb is: I have been to my Yamaha dealer and they want £11.72 for 1 indicator bulb. I said no.

£ 11. 72,,,,,,, i need to sit down ... oh i am.. well im going to stand up , don my angry trousers and fire off a letter to someone.. whos in bloody charge around here ...

pipski99

Reaction score
LED indicators fitted and I have to say the finished product is most impressive. Although, plug and play? MY ARSE!

The wiring loom on the bike has different connectors to the ones which come on the genuine Yamaha LED indicator kit. The bike has spades in the plastic plug but the indicators come with bullet connectors and obviously don't fit.

This leaves you either needing to butcher the loom on the bike (no way), or butcher the wiring on the ne indicators and fit spades to them to fit the plug on the loom, so this is what I had to do.

There's a hell of a lot of stripping down to do to get them off too, not easy and I'm glad I had help.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did u remember to secure the resistors to something metal? If u didn't ull find that they mite stop working soon. Had mine put on today in the workshop at my local dealers and it took us almost 3 hours as we had to strip the front end off to install them. Wot a nightmare lol

pipski99

Reaction score
Did you find the same as me? Bullet connectors on the indicators but spades on the bike loom?

Not sure what you mean about securing the resistors to something metal - they're in-line resistors so the loom goes in one side and the indicator goes out the other side. You don't need to ground them as far as I know and the resistor is sealed in a plastic casing.

pipski99

Reaction score
Pics of the tail piece- took it off and worked on it on the bench which made life easier, but meant all the plastics on the rear end had to come off too.

20140218_120815.jpg
20140218_121116.jpg
20140218_120838.jpg
20140218_120922.jpg

Mitch

Reaction score
3 hours to replace indicators think al stick with what I got lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you find the same as me? Bullet connectors on the indicators but spades on the bike loom?

Not sure what you mean about securing the resistors to something metal - they're in-line resistors so the loom goes in one side and the indicator goes out the other side. You don't need to ground them as far as I know and the resistor is sealed in a plastic casing.
Yes bloody bullet connections...don't know y Yamaha do that as most the bikes they produce now have spade connections on the looms

UnluckySlats

Reaction score
Just removed them and hard wired mine
into the original loom. I made the looms
smaller so I didn't have unnecessary
lengths of wire to sort

Stripy

Reaction score
I'd return them to Yamaha - this is clearly a fault providing the incorrect plugs/connectors.