Front indicator bulb needed

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Well Yamaha are definitely trying to rip us of here!!! I can buy these bulbs direct from Osram who have them in stock for around £1.50. Trouble is they are boxed in 50s, and I am not sure I need that many? Just trying to see if I can sell any on to some of my customers. Update on Friday when I am back in my office. But maybe just buy 50 and but them on eBay!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pipski99

Reaction score
There was a link posted earlier in this thread for an Amazon listing for the bulbs at £12.58 for a box of 10 so £1.26 each bulb and free delivery. That's less than Osram cost per bulb for a box of 50.

I was considering buying a box of 10 on Amazon then listing them individually on ebay as MT-09 specific bulbs just so people don't have the hassle I did, see how they sell and maybe order another box. Only problem with the Amazon listing is they take 3-4 weeks to arrive for some reason.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Sorry pipski, I did not make it very clear, £1.50 is the Osram retail price, when bought in 50s they would be about half of that.

mirdif64

Reaction score
There was a link posted earlier in this thread for an Amazon listing for the bulbs at £12.58 for a box of 10 so £1.26 each bulb and free delivery. That's less than Osram cost per bulb for a box of 50.

I was considering buying a box of 10 on Amazon then listing them individually on ebay as MT-09 specific bulbs just so people don't have the hassle I did, see how they sell and maybe order another box. Only problem with the Amazon listing is they take 3-4 weeks to arrive for some reason.
I ordered from the above supplier and bulbs arrived this morning. Took about 3 weeks.
Keeping 4 as back up. If anyone wants a spare, give me a shout.

pipski99

Reaction score
I have all my standard indicators off the bike now and LED ones fitted. Thing is now they're off the bike I have 3 working bulbs and one failed bulb but I can't tell which is which :)

RBC

Reaction score
Yes bloody bullet connections...don't know y Yamaha do that as most the bikes they produce now have spade connections on the looms
So [MENTION=325]Triple Trouble[/MENTION] - I think this means no grounding (or whatever "securing the resistors to something metal" could mean) is required, right? My understanding is that this is just a matter of chopping plastics? Does either of you have a picture of the process or end-product?

Thanks for sharing these so far!! I think I will go for Yamaha's LEDs despite the incompatibility issue as most of high quality (error-free) 3rd party LEDs are also pricey.

Last edited:

marksim

Reaction score
I have all my standard indicators off the bike now and LED ones fitted. Thing is now they're off the bike I have 3 working bulbs and one failed bulb but I can't tell which is which :)[/QUOTE

Just hold your standard indicator wires to your battery terminals and the good bulbs will light