Hi from Sydney, Australia

Kimmie

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've been lurking around here for a while now, gathering information on the Tracer to help in my decision making process.
Have to thank you for the amount of info.....didn't answer all my questions, but gave me enough to make an informed decision.

I've been riding for over 8 years now and am down grading my ride (due to injury) from a Blackbird (which happens to be White) to something a little easier for me to maneuver around. After test riding my short list, I decided the MT09-Tracer was the best suited bike for me.

Anyway, I purchased a red Tracer from a dealer in South Australia.
So what do you when you buy a bike?........you ride it home, which just happened to be 1453 km away....yee haa!!

Have made a couple of changes........lowered him and installed a radiator guard. I have a few more things I want to do.

If you are interested I keep a blog of all my riding adventures which you can read here: Kimmie Kares
Thanks for having me.
Kimmie

Fluke

Reaction score
G'day mate, (and other typical stereotype comments) and welcome aboard.
Hope you like your new toy and your weather is better than ours in miserable wintry England

Kimmie

Reaction score
G'day mate, (and other typical stereotype comments) and welcome aboard.
Hope you like your new toy and your weather is better than ours in miserable wintry England
Thanks Fluke.
Not that I would want to rub your nose in it or anything.....but we are having exceptional weather for riding here at the moment.

Kimmie

Reaction score
Welcome! How you going?

Did you ride the Great Ocean Road by any chance whilst you were in SA? I rode it from Port Fairy to Melbourne - epic!
Thanks Fulfilled.
Doing pretty good! Just need to get out riding some more.....lol

You originally from Oz?

Not this time unfortunately. As the bike was unregistered, I had to obtain a special permit to ride it back to NSW and the rules say "you must take the most optimal direct route"...otherwise, I was not covered with insurance or anything.

I have done the GOR on my Blackbird a few years ago now, but am keen to get back there (and many other places) on the Tracer.
Yamaha have put together a great package for touring to cater for the "not so big in stature" riders.

Fluke

Reaction score
My nose is covered in whatever you've rubbed it in.
I'm so jealous I'm packing my MT in a bag and heading over.
Out of curiosity, what does your young dad ride?

Got any pics of your toy?

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
You originally from Oz?
No, but spend a lot of time there from Melbourne round and up to the Gold Coast as my Bro and his extended family live there - near the Macedon Ranges about 70 kms north of Melbourne. Was there in 2103 for 4 months with a one-way ticket, a Visa application and a $5k government bond in for residency being sponsored by family, but circumstances changed and I'm back in London. Fecking love the place.

As the bike was unregistered, I had to obtain a special permit to ride it back to NSW and the rules say "you must take the most optimal direct route"...otherwise, I was not covered with insurance or anything
The Nanny State - Victoria's rules are a pain in the ar5e, or is that NSW's too?

Kimmie

Reaction score
My nose is covered in whatever you've rubbed it in.
I'm so jealous I'm packing my MT in a bag and heading over.
Out of curiosity, what does your young dad ride?

Got any pics of your toy?
Cool....I'll meet you at the airport and we can go for a ride....:)

My young dad (78 years young, mind you....still thinks he's 18 sometimes..lol) rides a Honda CB500X. He's had a couple of serious off's in the last 4 years and the CB500X is at about his limit that he can handle these days (and that mum begrudgingly would let him ride).

I do have some pics, but I'm doing a couple more mods to him (hopefully finish them this weekend) and I'll take some more.

Hahndorf.jpg

Hay Plain 1.jpg

Hells Gate.jpg

If you make it back to Oz let me know, I love meeting fellow enthusiasts and swapping stories.

NSW, nanny state...probably not as bad as VIC. What happens is people get the permit then go dawdling off all over the place, then get the bike registered in another state (then they miss out of the funds). Anyway, it doesn't matter to me....I had a great ride in any case, 1453km to get to know him isn't a bad effort for a virgin run :p

Fluke

Reaction score
Your bike is almost as beautiful as the weather. (still jealous)
I'm well impressed with your dad. 78 and still crashing. Top bloke
Looking forward to the pics with the mods.

Cheers from rainy London