Is this a good price for part exchange?

Cypher

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time no see!

I've been test riding a few bikes lately (S1000RR, ZX-6R 636 and GSX-R750) and have decided to get the Gixxer. Spoke to the dealer and they're offering me £5500 for my bike.

Do you reckon it's a fair price or should I pay my outstanding finance and try to sell it myself?

Sounds like a decent offer to me seeing how people are selling theirs for £5600-5800, especially knowing that it would be a hassle-free part exchange for me.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.
I've got a custom number plate (MT-09 ***), tampons, T-Rex engine protectors and Evotech Performance radiator guard on it.

Last edited:

Cypher

Reaction score
It's new, 2014. Originally it costs £9699 but Suzuki have a deal at the moment where they discount it by a grand, so it goes down to £8699.

M

MT account

It's new, 2014. Originally it costs £9699 but Suzuki have a deal at the moment where they discount it by a grand, so it goes down to £8699.
ill buy your t rex protectors off you chap. you wont get a penny less without them.....

Mitch

Reaction score
That's good I got offered from the deal 4300 .... I quickly said goodbye

M

MT account

If you can take them off be my guest. :)
youre in london chap? do i get an armed guard and a bio suit whilst working?.........:)

seriously tho, ill have em off you if the price is right. have you got the original casing bolts? if not id have to do it side by side and use mine.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
youre in london chap? do i get an armed guard and a bio suit whilst working?.........:)

seriously tho, ill have em off you if the price is right. have you got the original casing bolts? if not id have to do it side by side and use mine.
U cud meet half way.... At my manor lol

Cypher

Reaction score

I am indeed, E15. I'm sure I have the original bolts, don't think I was that stupid to leave them with the dealer.

U cud meet half way.... At my manor lol
And your mansion, sire, is 70 miles from me! I'd probably burn more in fuel than the protectors cost :)

M

MT account

I am indeed, E15. I'm sure I have the original bolts, don't think I was that stupid to leave them with the dealer.

And your mansion, sire, is 70 miles from me! I'd probably burn more in fuel than the protectors cost :)
hmmmmm, da east side is a bit of a jaunt.....do you wanna whip em off n post them to me? it will lessen the sting of the gixxer.....:)

Cypher

Reaction score
hmmmmm, da east side is a bit of a jaunt.....do you wanna whip em off n post them to me? it will lessen the sting of the gixxer.....:)
I would if I had tools. Unfortunately I don't have any (I know, shame on me). Been wanting to buy a torque wrench for a while but never managed to so all I have is a few screwdrivers and wrenches.

M

MT account

I would if I had tools. Unfortunately I don't have any (I know, shame on me). Been wanting to buy a torque wrench for a while but never managed to so all I have is a few screwdrivers and wrenches.
those case screws are only tweeked up just past hand tight..........it would cost me £50+ in petrol to ride up there n do it......go on, you can buy some new goodies with the money...;)

Cypher

Reaction score
Well u will love the Gixxer 750. I had a K7 and it went like shit of a stick.
I remember you mentioned that you had one before. I was surprised how easy it is to ride it. I was interested in two things the most - throttle response and ergonomics. Was very surprised how "at home" it felt only after 2 minutes on it. Didn't feel like I was putting any strain on my wrists, didn't feel like I was leaning forward too much, just the perfect position for me personally.

Throttle was super smooth, none of the crazy engine braking that MT-09 has (even 636 had a lot of it), which should make it easier for me to ride around the city.

So yeah, overall a bag of mixed feelings. Still love my MT and I do have some emotional attachment to it (in large part because of this forum and community we have here) but at the same time it's getting increasingly more difficult for me to ride it. Can't stand the snatchy throttle any more. Pi**es me off in the city, especially with the new 20mph laws. Also, I find the slightly more leant forward position of Gixxer more comfortable than MT-09. Maybe I'm just weird :)

Either way, I can always buy another MT-09 if I feel like it. The only thing I'd be losing is the cool number plate, which actually quite a lot of people notice. Otherwise, everything else is replaceable :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I remember you mentioned that you had one before. I was surprised how easy it is to ride it. I was interested in two things the most - throttle response and ergonomics. Was very surprised how "at home" it felt only after 2 minutes on it. Didn't feel like I was putting any strain on my wrists, didn't feel like I was leaning forward too much, just the perfect position for me personally.

Throttle was super smooth, none of the crazy engine braking that MT-09 has (even 636 had a lot of it), which should make it easier for me to ride around the city.

So yeah, overall a bag of mixed feelings. Still love my MT and I do have some emotional attachment to it (in large part because of this forum and community we have here) but at the same time it's getting increasingly more difficult for me to ride it. Can't stand the snatchy throttle any more. Pi**es me off in the city, especially with the new 20mph laws. Also, I find the slightly more leant forward position of Gixxer more comfortable than MT-09. Maybe I'm just weird :)

Either way, I can always buy another MT-09 if I feel like it. The only thing I'd be losing is the cool number plate, which actually quite a lot of people notice. Otherwise, everything else is replaceable :)
I loved my Gixxer but sadly the arthritis in both my wrists an right knee didn't (damn u military career)! Lol.
If I cud ride a sports bike still I wud get another 750 K7 straight away. It used to top 186 and was a beast.
U will do well on that in the big smoke mate. Enjoy enjoy. Just keep in touch on ere and I will come see u at the Ace

Cypher

Reaction score
I loved my Gixxer but sadly the arthritis in both my wrists an right knee didn't (damn u military career)! Lol.
If I cud ride a sports bike still I wud get another 750 K7 straight away. It used to top 186 and was a beast.
U will do well on that in the big smoke mate. Enjoy enjoy. Just keep in touch on ere and I will come see u at the Ace
Thanks, mate! I hope I'll still be welcome here :) Will be interested to see how the MT lives on and what/if Yamaha do anything about the throttle.

those case screws are only tweeked up just past hand tight..........it would cost me £50+ in petrol to ride up there n do it......go on, you can buy some new goodies with the money...;)
I'll see how it goes. I've got some hex keys, I think that's all I need. I'll see if I can find the bolts and get them protectors off :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, mate! I hope I'll still be welcome here :) Will be interested to see how the MT lives on and what/if Yamaha do anything about the throttle.
Of course ur gonna be welcome.

We don't discriminate on here....heh hem lol

Cypher

Reaction score
Good news! Found the bolts! Looking at the pictures, it seems that I really only need to unscrew 9 bolts:

DSC_0324.jpg DSC_0327.jpg