Is this a good price for part exchange?

relz

Reaction score
Good news! Found the bolts! Looking at the pictures, it seems that I really only need to unscrew 9 bolts:

View attachment 1997 View attachment 1998
and then tell me how much you want......;)
I've got a pal in the US next week, so I'm considering buying the T-rex engine covers from eBay for 99$.

I read a troubling thread in the FZ-09 forum, about all kind of fitment problems with their frame sliders, and there was another (which I can't seem to find now) about an issue with the bolts and washers for the left side engine cover.

I was looking for a quick review from someone who's had them installed. Did you stumble into any issues with the installation, or perhaps they have fixed all their early issues?

Cyper, are you still hanging around here?
If not, Mt Account, did you get the set off Cypher?

Cypher

Reaction score
Cyper, are you still hanging around here?
If not, Mt Account, did you get the set off Cypher?
Hey ho! I'm still here, not as often but still lurking.

Dealers fitted mine so I'm not sure if they had any problems. I don't think they did as no one said anything.

I couldn't sell mine to MT as when I was trying to take mine off oil started leaking from underneath the casing when I undid a couple bolts so I stopped and left it where it was.

relz

Reaction score
Hey ho! I'm still here, not as often but still lurking.

Dealers fitted mine so I'm not sure if they had any problems. I don't think they did as no one said anything.

I couldn't sell mine to MT as when I was trying to take mine off oil started leaking from underneath the casing when I undid a couple bolts so I stopped and left it where it was.
Thanks.
I went ahead and ordered a set a few hours ago. So I guess I'll just have to hope for the best.

Cypher

Reaction score
Thanks.
I went ahead and ordered a set a few hours ago. So I guess I'll just have to hope for the best.
Don't worry. They're good quality. They're supplied with longer bolts so all you need to do is undo the original ones, put the protector on and screw the new bolts in. Just make sure you don't take the clutch cover off, it cost me £180 in labour for them to replace it (I had it scratched and was replacing with a new one + got the protectors installed).