Is this a good price for part exchange?

Cypher

Reaction score
oh, i forgot your 'tampons'! the t rex set comes with top n bottom protectors (t rex-tampons :eek:) id like to buy the lot really. you could get a local car/bike shop to whip em off for a drink n id like to buy the lot off you?
The tampons are separate. T-Rex are the two "half-moon" covers. Tampons are the sliders above then. Not sure about them really, those bolts are suspiciously large, wouldn't want something to fall off when I unscrew them :D

I can probably also sell the EP radguard if anyone's interested...

M

MT account

The tampons are separate. T-Rex are the two "half-moon" covers. Tampons are the sliders above then. Not sure about them really, those bolts are suspiciously large, wouldn't want something to fall off when I unscrew them :D

I can probably also sell the EP radguard if anyone's interested...
yeah you need an allen socket on a bar for the tampons, the bolts would be 5 mm longer as well so you need the stock bolts to go back in. left mine in Thailand.

Reaction score
Love 750 had the k8 and was awesome . The g2 would have sorted your throttle out put mine on today and it's A all the way

Cypher

Reaction score
Haha! True, TT knows exactly what the main reason is and why I don't want to have anything to do with Yamaha for a while :)

JCL270

Reaction score
MT09 HOE
eha5amam.jpg

Inches away from pulling the trigger there

Reaction score
Isnt that on a MT07?
Anyway, back on topic, £5500 is a fair price.
Realistically the dealer is not likely to get more than £6000 for it, which will be about £1000 less than new one.
£500 for him to clean, service and replace anything needed, I think is fair

Mitch

Reaction score
That's pretty poor tbh
Well its one up from the 4200 which was the original offer . I think it will be going on fle bay soon I've got it all sorted now and having no issues but after everything that went on there is no love for it all .... so triumph tiger is on the cards

M

MT account

Well its one up from the 4200 which was the original offer . I think it will be going on fle bay soon I've got it all sorted now and having no issues but after everything that went on there is no love for it all .... so triumph tiger is on the cards
i bought mine for 5k. there was a lot of interest so the seller said but they were all trying to win it for £4200 on the bay (reserve not met) it stayed there for 5 days at that price. i just went in there with the cash and gave him the buy it now. no point in wanking around if theres a bargain to be had.

Cypher

Reaction score
If anyone's curious I reckon I got more than £5500 for it because I got a grand off the Suzuki as part of the deal and supposedly another grand for my MT. However, I paid £2200 less than the bike's original price. Also road tax and registration fees were included so it's more like I got a discount of £2400, which means I got close to £5700 for Yamaha.

Well chuffed if I'm honest. Can see keeping the gixxer for a few years to come.

Also, was speaking to the dealer and he says "You bring your bike in for the first service, we'll give you something to ride, maybe GSX-R1000 or similar, you can go home or just ride around and then come back and collect your bike". I lol'd a bit inside remembering how I had to beg and pay Lamba for loan bikes :D

I already like Suzuki dealers more. Much more.

Last edited:
M

MT account

wouldnt it be ironic if they rolled out an orange MT with a rattle for you to borrow..............

..........even worse if they'd fixed the noise :)

Cypher

Reaction score
wouldnt it be ironic if they rolled out an orange MT with a rattle for you to borrow..............

..........even worse if they'd fixed the noise :)
Lol, I was actually thinking it would be funny to "test ride" it now. Wouldn't mind, still a good bike.