Just had my stock suspension set up professionally...

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
6 rings showing???
More like 1-2 max...
Wind the damping in fully and back it off one while turn...
Hi Richie !
For light weight riders 68-70kg as me the font's sag is OK (less than or about 40mm) and because of the fact that the fork is not preloaded it doesn't have "forced" rebound's reaction.
Believe me, this work's fine when there isn't a heavy rider on seat and provides faster entry in corners.
MT-09 stock front suspension becomes more "poor" as more heavy is the rider.
On the other hand, there is a very "stiff" (for our weight) rear shock's spring (101kg/cm or 10,1kg/mm) which make the bike "rear hard/front soft".
I had on bike the stock rear shock for 16Kkm/10Kmi and had better cornering with preload at 4 than at 5... Although i didn't "test" it at 3 so i don't know if at 3 would be better so i suggest -4- and rebound as slow as possible..
Allthough, after my bike's "update" with Ohlins linear front springs 90kg/cm, there are 7,5 rings showing (no preload at all) and the front is "stiff".
My ZX10R rear shock is setted at 177mm spring's length (wheel on air) which is 175mm when the bike is on side stand. HSB and LSB are on 2 turns out from fully in, REB 1 turn out from full fast. This due to the fact that the ZX's shock is equipped with lighter spring (90kg/cm), is "limited" even for my weight and needs "help" to make the bike equal front and rear...
I'm on second pair of PR4s and because the bike is now adjusted for my riding style i could use all the rear's crown immediately after run-in... so much that i start to say myself "take it easy.. don't lay so down.."
All the above is only "personal experience" and nothing more.
I just feel the need to communicate my thoughts in a way to give some useful infos to another "slim" biker..
Cheers:cool: