New member - About to place order

tasmanuk

Reaction score
Hello all. I am about to place an order for a new M-09 ABS model in Matt Grey. Also getting a flyscreen and Yamaha panniers. Getting it from Fowlers in Bristol. I currently ride a 2012 Triumph Street Triple R but lately have been finding it a bit uncomfortable, (clearly I am getting old and need to sit more upright :) )plus I've had it for nearly 3 years which means its time for a new bike. Anyway I saw an ad for the promotion Yamaha is running for the bike with the Akrapovic pipes so I started doing my research. Hadn't really considered the bike before but the motorcycling press loved it and after I went for a test ride last week I did too!! What an insane bike. I only use my bike to commute (when i don't have to take my children to school) and for fun on the weekends so this bike was perfect. And the price (especially from Fowlers who were doing a dealer discount as well) meant that the Treasurer in my household said yes.

However I'm a bit confused about the colours. The one I looked at in the showroom had silver forks whereas the one on Yamaha's website seems to have grey ones. Does that mean the showroom one is last years model?

lee1980

Reaction score
Hi Welcome,

I got mine from Fowlups to, You will most likely find the suspension lacking a bit after the ST. I expect there stock is still 2014 in some colours.
Great deal with Akra to when i got mine they were them selves giving the arrow system away with it have since knocked overall price down a few hundred to!

Kinjane

Reaction score
Mine's a July 2014 model and came with the silver forks. Definitely a different colour to the current web picture

tasmanuk

Reaction score
If it is a 2014 model will it have the throttle fix applied that I keep reading about everywhere on the internet (which could of course mean that there is no such thing). The test bike I rode (not one from Fowlers) seemed okay to me, but I'm no expert on this.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Even the MT-09 2015 models in matt-grey colour has silver forks, Race-Blu has blue and the other 2 colour options (orange & deep-armour) has golden colour forks.
Personally i prefer the matt-grey's combination. Silver forks suits better with silver frame. Maybe the grey forks are for the U.S.A. market (FZ-09s) that have black frame..

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Even the MT-09 2015 models in matt-grey colour has silver forks, Race-Blu has blue and the other 2 colour options (orange & deep-armour) has golden colour forks.
Personally i prefer the matt-grey's combination. Silver forks suits better with silver frame. Maybe the grey forks are for the U.S.A. market (FZ-09s) that have black frame..

P.S. if you order a MT-09 ABS you'll never regret it ! It's the safest bike i ever owned.

tasmanuk

Reaction score
My dealer didn't know if they were getting any of the new colours and I liked the current colour so I have now placed the order. Yay :D Now the long 2 week wait until I get it.

Dealer also confirmed the Yamaha remap is available to me should I want it. He recommended I see what it is like first which I will do.

Matt Bingham

Reaction score
I bought my Matt grey ABS in April and it came direct from Yamaha to my dealer as they didn't have stock. It has silver forks so I guess they can only have changed them very recently. Either way I don't care as I love my bike. You wont regret it at all.

Had the 2015 ABS remap done on mine at its first service it's much much better. I ride a fair few uneven B roads and found in STD and A modes it would gain/lose 10MPH on bumps it was so sensitive. Its now pretty much perfect. Spend some time on the suspension as well, it was so bouncy on standard settings and took me 300 miles to get it set up right but it rides really well now.

Most of all, have fun!

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
My dealer also confirmed the Yamaha remap is available to me should I want it. He recommended I see what it is like first which I will do.
Bike from bike has had less or more snatchyness on throttle's response.
Personally i like it as it is... otherwise Yamaha should equipped all the new mt-09s with the free ecu remap update... but she didh't.
The more miles you'll put, the more your engine will have "smoother" running and reaction..
Don't be so hurry to "destroy" your new bike's character :cool:

Last edited:

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
do it !!!!! picked my matt grey up tonight , great bike . mine has the silver or lighter coloured forks , the thing is tho I've never seen one with darker forks in the metal only in Yamaha brochure pictures , cheers

RatHead

Reaction score
the 2015 matt grey bike i saw at the NEC and EICMA had dark grey forks.
mine which i got in 2014 has silver forks.

tasmanuk

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your responses. Got my new registration number today so can't wait until the 27th. Might have to take a couple of days off when I get her to have some fun :)

Deadhead

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your responses. Got my new registration number today so can't wait until the 27th. Might have to take a couple of days off when I get her to have some fun :)
Nice part of the country too to run a bike in on. Enjoy her, she a naughty beast ;)