New MT 09 2016 owner

atomic

Reaction score
Hello everyone !
Reporting as a new proud owner of matte gray 2016 MT 09.
For some time following this forum. I wanted this bike when it came out in 2013, in the meantime I was the owner of Ducati Monster 796 ABS and although I really liked the bike, that was not it. Ducs have a great sound, a lot of torque and all that, but somehow it is better to look at it in the garage than to drive every day and maintain. I also owned Yamaha FZ6R 5 years ago so it is like a return to roots :cool:
However when I went on trial with 09 MT immediately knew that this was it :) . The perfect seating position, a lot more power available at all speeds, ease of driving, low fuel consumption...
Now after 300 miles on my bike I can say that this was the right choice. Given all posts on poor suspension MT 09, the yamaha dealer before delivery built in Ohlins YA335 so I can not say what the ride would be with OEM rear shock. Front suspension seems quite firm and so far apart a little adjustments do not want anything to change.
Yamaha dealer told me that probably the model 2016 changed the valves in front forks as the XSR900 for stiffer suspension . Anyway , Andreani catridges are still on my mind... :)
As for the fueling , i can not find any twitching or similar. Everything runs smooth as butter. Maybe because I come from V2 Ducati engine but this machine works perfectly without any jerkiness.
Another thing, when I put A mod and turn off key (remove the key from the ignition) and later start engine again , it is still A mod on. Should not return to the STD?
Still didn't have opportunity to try ABS and TCS but I hope that they will do what needs to be when it's needed.
Hope i will find many advices here on forum and enjoy driving this beast for a long time.
Here are few pictures of my new baby and you can check all of them in my album.
Cheers

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another thing, when I put A mod and turn off key (remove the key from the ignition) and later start engine again , it is still A mod on. Should not return to the STD?
I believe the 2016 model does this now as apposed to the earlier models