Re: Aftermarket suspension- Andreani cartridges and Ohlin's shock

Shaun64

Reaction score
Or look at other options, dare I say it, other then Ohlins...(shock horror, stands back)
I agree fulfilled wilbers and hyperpro make nice £400 ish shocks which are as good ride & build quality but you can not adjust the preload when the shock is fitted where as you can with the ohlins,I've gone with a k- tech razor R rear shock it's more expensive but has much more adjustment,chump if the the ohlins is not available till October it will give you a bit more time to save up for a better shock.

Last edited:

chump

Reaction score
Nitron. Used them in the past and will do again. The preload adjuster is at the bottom for the MT09, so is accessible when fitted.

The nice thing with Ohlins is you can get them in a bundle from the like of Omnia.

Davy

Reaction score
I sincerely hope you have better luck than me with getting hold of your Nitron shock. I've been waiting 7 weeks since ordering mine - disgusting customer service since I was originally promised two weeks for delivery by one of their staff members over the telephone. Last Thursday it was ready for 48hr delivery and it's still not arrived - yesterdays follow up call didn't seem to result in anything productive either.
It took 9 weeks to get my Nitron shock NTR R2, original estimate was 2-3 weeks lol. I do love it though :cool:

Kinjane

Reaction score
Guess I'm looking at another fortnight for my Titanium R2 to appear along with a few more mumbled excuses in the meantime then ...

chump

Reaction score
Maybe they're busy. It happens. Not had a problem with them before.

donut

Reaction score
I sincerely hope you have better luck than me with getting hold of your Nitron shock. I've been waiting 7 weeks since ordering mine - disgusting customer service since I was originally promised two weeks for delivery by one of their staff members over the telephone. Last Thursday it was ready for 48hr delivery and it's still not arrived - yesterdays follow up call didn't seem to result in anything productive either.

Mine was booked (about 3-4 weeks ahead I think) and ordered by Steve Jordan and all done without any problems - including a service, fitting a Speedohealer and a dyno run or 2. Intend to get the same done with my 09 now.

highlander

Reaction score

atomic

Reaction score
I think that you have to pay 795.96EUR outside EU (no VAT)
Since i am about to order this Andreani catridges from them, how to be sure that i will get right springs for my weight? I will send them note for 0.85 rate.I know that they usually send 0.78 springs (i need 0.85), does springs have some marks on it for specific rate? In case they send wrong rate?
Thanks

Last edited:

Kinjane

Reaction score
If the springs have been marked, this is where you'll find it. (random web image) If you look hard enough you'll realise the .85 rating shown on both was probably written by a 5yr old

Last edited:

highlander

Reaction score
I think that you have to pay 795.96EUR outside EU (no VAT)
Since i am about to order this Andreani catridges from them, how to be sure that i will get right springs for my weight? I will send them note for 0.85 rate.I know that they usually send 0.78 springs (i need 0.85), does springs have some marks on it for specific rate? In case they send wrong rate?
Thanks
Hey ATOMIC, did you order? I had a play on their website but couldn't see how to get the non-VAT amount in the shopping cart.

atomic

Reaction score

atomic

Reaction score
Catridges arrived few days ago and today went to Ohlins service point Lutec racing to mount them on the bike. Springs rate marks were on side of the each spring as i requested (8.3) . So far within 20 miles driving home i can say that i have new front brake :) without front end diving and the bike is much more stable at speed of 110mph in long curves on the highway than it was before. Certainly still need to test short and sharp turns and bumpy road, but this is certainly a major upgrade compared to the stock setup.
At service shop they told me that they went with 19 cSt oil in R leg and thiner oil (not sure 14 cSt ?? ) in C leg to reduce harshness due to high speed bumps.
Anyway so far so good :)

highlander

Reaction score
Nice one atomic, keep us posted on your settings (for your weight).

My K-Tech shock is waiting for the Andreani kit to turn up on Monday coming ... then it's spanner time!
I am reading 5wt in the rebound leg and 2.5wt in compression (which is very light) is getting favourable reaction. Not sure how that relates to your "cSt" figures (maybe THIS?) but it's where I will start.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Catridges arrived few days ago and today went to Ohlins service point Lutec racing to mount them on the bike. Springs rate marks were on side of the each spring as i requested (8.3) . So far within 20 miles driving home i can say that i have new front brake :) without front end diving and the bike is much more stable at speed of 110mph in long curves on the highway than it was before. Certainly still need to test short and sharp turns and bumpy road, but this is certainly a major upgrade compared to the stock setup.
At service shop they told me that they went with 19 cSt oil in R leg and thiner oil (not sure 14 cSt ?? ) in C leg to reduce harshness due to high speed bumps.
Anyway so far so good :)
I noticed a massive improvement in slow sharp bumpy corners with the Andreani's so you'll be fine there too! Also I agree about the front brake, it feels so much more powerful now as you can pull the lever harder as the front end doesn't dive anywhere near as much as it used to.

Sent from my iPhone 