Re: Aftermarket suspension- Andreani cartridges and Ohlin's shock

Shaun64

Reaction score
Nice one atomic, keep us posted on your settings (for your weight).

My K-Tech shock is waiting for the Andreani kit to turn up on Monday coming ... then it's spanner time!
I am reading 5wt in the rebound leg and 2.5wt in compression (which is very light) is getting favourable reaction. Not sure how that relates to your "cSt" figures (maybe THIS?) but it's where I will start.

What k-tech Shock did you go for highlander?.

Shaun64

Reaction score
I've got the razor R on my tracer it's very good you will be well impressed,it's very comfy it soaks up bumps great while everything is under control.if you fit it yourself I found it best to attach the front mounting bolt then get someone to lift the rear wheel while you push the bottom bolt in,also the stainless bracket needed a bit of adjustment to fit correctly.

PaulG

Reaction score
Catridges arrived few days ago and today went to Ohlins service point Lutec racing to mount them on the bike. Springs rate marks were on side of the each spring as i requested (8.3) . So far within 20 miles driving home i can say that i have new front brake :) without front end diving and the bike is much more stable at speed of 110mph in long curves on the highway than it was before. Certainly still need to test short and sharp turns and bumpy road, but this is certainly a major upgrade compared to the stock setup.
At service shop they told me that they went with 19 cSt oil in R leg and thiner oil (not sure 14 cSt ?? ) in C leg to reduce harshness due to high speed bumps.
Anyway so far so good :)
I'm using 12 cSt in the Comp leg,might even go to 10 cSt .Our roads are designed by goats (badly).
16 cSt in rebound

atomic

Reaction score
According to what they tuned in Ohlins service:
Catridges arrived with 8.3 springs as ordered but you (or your suspension shop ) should check those setup for pins because first you have to setup pins and then mount catridges caps on fork tubes .
If pins are not setup correctly there will be problem with C and R adjusting( So says Ohlins repairman :) )
My knowledge of the suspension is purely theoretical (no tools-no experience), so I leave this job to experts for $ 110 and I think it's better that way.

- Preload is one turn in from fully CCW
(maybe i will try full CCW -zero preload because sag is 41 and it feels just a little harsh)
- C is one turn in from fully CCW (pins for C and R are set to 4 full turns from full CW to CCW - fully closed to fully open) -
- R is two turns in from fully CCW
in R leg is 19 cSt 40 deg Ohlins
in C leg is 14 cSt 40 deg Ohlins ( still not sure is this 2.5 or 3 according to nominal oil weight ??)
my weight is 185 lbs with riding gear
sag 41/32 rear Ohlins YA335
As for the roads, it looks that we dont have to much goats :) but it must be lot of snakes since roads are full of tar snakes :(

Last edited:

Davy

Reaction score
I've had the Andreani cartridges sitting waiting to be fitted since last year. The Nitron rear shock has transformed the bike so much I think I've just got used to the front.

2 year service soon, think I'll just get them to do it at the same time..

..and this too..

pins??? what pins?

atomic

Reaction score
Pins-needles under catridge caps, going through catridge rod. Operated with R and C Allen screw on top of the caps.
well... english is not my native language and Google translator is sometimes funny thing :)