Recall!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got my letter today. Does anyone know what's involved? Ie does the tank have to come off etc or just headlight in and out? Cheers
Just unscrew the headlight. Drop it down. Snip off the existing harness and replace with the longer one. I've posted a pic of wot happens to the wires when they need replacing

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got my recall today. Checked my headlamp. seems plenty of cable between the loom and the back of the bulb going lock to lock and the wirting connected to the bulb itself does not move - seems odd there should be a problem.

Any one have any idea exactly what this involves - a simple extension piece or reattaching a 3 longer pieces of longer wire to the loom itself ?
I had plenty of slack on mine lock to lock...!
It gets caught up inside where u can't see it

Bon

Reaction score
Got my letter today. Soon as I can it ll be over to Flirwick [after I call to make sure they have the part.]

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got mine done today and when I got home there was the letter....Sat on the matt....Lol. too late again Yamaha.

Point to note....

If u r thinking of having this recall then book in asap as the dealership will have to order the part in from Yamaha which can take up to 3 days to arrive assuming your dealership is on the ball...

mt dave

Reaction score
Does anyone know the part number of the part they are replacing, as i've been on the yamaha motor uk parts list and saw a exploded view of the headlight but its not showing the 3 pin female block connector,
the only part number i've found is cord headlight part number IRC84359-00. Do you all reckon this is the correct part as its only showing the sidelight wiring bit odd if you ask me lol

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
I called Yamaha and the guy there said it's not urgent. Just get it done next time I'm at dealers. Should have asked for that in writing.
They need to order part under a warranty claim, even tho it's a recall.....I'm sure the bike is logged on their system.

My Dealer is ordering the part, and fitting when arrived, will probably schedule this at 1k service if I can...

billygatso

Reaction score
Had mine done today at Tinklers. Bonus was they lent me an fz8 for the day, just to remind how awesome the mt is!

Bon

Reaction score
Mine goes in on Tuesday. Hasn't given any problems but a recall is a recall at the end of the day !!