Remove Akrapovic db killer

Martin p

Reaction score
mod baffle

That's a great idea Martin how much did you
cut of
When you are looking at the baffle youve got the flange where the screw goes in, the 3 long pipes that go into the exhaust cut them off almost flush with that flange, leave maybe half an inch. Also i filed round that flange ,so now it comes out quite easily if needed. Hope this helps

UnluckySlats

Reaction score
When you are looking at the baffle youve got the flange where the screw goes in, the 3 long pipes that go into the exhaust cut them off almost flush with that flange, leave maybe half an inch. Also i filed round that flange ,so now it comes out quite easily if needed. Hope this helps
Thanks Martin once I get the bugger out
I will do that

UnluckySlats

Reaction score
Hi Martin just finished doing mine it sounds sweet now, Not to loud and not to quite. cheers mate top tip.

Twozup

Reaction score
[QU OTE=Triple Trouble;6200]Glad I cud be of some help. 12mm. No idea y I said 14mm. Wot a tit.....[/QUOTE]

Yeah yeah that old one!
"Honestly darling I has no idea it was only 5" as it definately was 7" when I last measured"

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

stuartornum

Reaction score
Took the baffle out!! It was actually rather simple. Step by step:

1. 12mm socket, I had an extension so made life much easier. Remove two bolts.

2. Remove two springs, I wrapped a shoelace around it to get leverage, worked perfectly!

3. Wiggle off exhaust

4. Get long metal rod and tap from the other end of the exhaust. I used a bit of fairy liquid...

5. Replace exhaust.... Use fairy again to wiggle the exhaust back on!

RipGroove

Reaction score
Anyone know the internal diameter of the three small pipes in the baffle? Not got the bike with me and am going to make a tool to pull it out.

Sent from outer space

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It only goes in with the zorst slightly warm and a rubber mallet. Only way to get it out is to take the back box off and knock it out from the other end. Very gently of course lol

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Facebook:-
www.facebook.com/spudrees

crotchrocket

Reaction score
ah, it was cold, but well lubricated with ACF50. Got it in enough to listen to the engine. has a knock when cold at first start up.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Ah thats good to hear triple !! was gonna pop it round to Yamaha. Still might !

paulrab

Reaction score
Once the bolts and springs are off how easy is it to remove the back box? Mine aint budging. Whats the best technique,and how much force is needed? Do i need to heat up that part of the exhaust or will it come out cold with a spray of WD40 or similar? Sorry so many questions but i need to hear this pipe without the baffles and i really dont want to take to it with a hammer!!!

M

MT account

Once the bolts and springs are off how easy is it to remove the back box? Mine aint budging. Whats the best technique,and how much force is needed? Do i need to heat up that part of the exhaust or will it come out cold with a spray of WD40 or similar? Sorry so many questions but i need to hear this pipe without the baffles and i really dont want to take to it with a hammer!!!
oh gawd it sounds like ill be wrestling my around on the workshop floor then as it will have to separate to get it in me suitcase.......... hot baby oil and shoehorns then?