Rich/Si flash

emptyoh9

Reaction score
I have just got back home from getting my MT flashed by Simon.

What can i say other than it's awesome. Best £200 i've spent on the bike so far, this is how the bike should have left the factory.

It was a quick and painless process.

I'm writing this as a complete novice in relation to ECU flashes so i didn't know what to expect or much about the technical aspect of flashing so i'll just say what i have noticed on the ride home (purely subjective opinions)

I didn't change the start up mode as it's only 1 button push to change it to A mode and would rather the mod was kept low key.

So main thing i noticed was that it pulls like a train (more than normal) especially in 5th and 6th and that put a massive grin on my face.
But the main reason i got the flash was to reduce the infamous "snatchy throttle" it now feels much smoother and the roll-off the throttle is SO much better, it feels like the bike is more settled as you roll off into the corner then roll back on. It has already improved my confidence with the bike which is what i wanted.

If you don't like the factory throttle and i didn't (some do, i know) then i highly recommend this mod.

Also i tried to get my dealer to put the Yam flash on first but they were reluctant to do it which tells you something, if it was good they'd be recommending it surely? As it's free so you get what you pay for.

To top it off Si was a top bloke. Worse thing about the journey was my numb arse....comfort seat, bulls!t.

Cheers to Rich and Si

lee1980

Reaction score
Sounds good, something to bear in ind in future though overall since I have broken mine in been much more happy with it.

You think maybe dealer didnt want to add yamaha flash as they think it could of been worse?

emptyoh9

Reaction score
Yeh, to be honest with the dealer one they were saying that they had ridden one with it and it wasn't much better they said they couldn't recommend it but if i really wanted it they'd of done it, thing is everyone is different i've done just over 5k and still wanted to do it, but thats just me. As far as i'm aware the Yam flash doesn't remove the restrictions in 5th and 6th...i could be wrong there though.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeh, to be honest with the dealer one they were saying that they had ridden one with it and it wasn't much better they said they couldn't recommend it but if i really wanted it they'd of done it, thing is everyone is different i've done just over 5k and still wanted to do it, but thats just me. As far as i'm aware the Yam flash doesn't remove the restrictions in 5th and 6th...i could be wrong there though.
Definitely not mate. The only thing the yam flash does is dumb down the power delivery so it "appears" to have solved the snatch that way....!
It doesn't do anything else....

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Eagerly awaiting the return of my ecu from Simon and Richie, expected tomorrow, will be missing the postie though as will be at stoopid work.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eagerly awaiting the return of my ecu from Simon and Richie, expected tomorrow, will be missing the postie though as will be at stoopid work.
Please let us know your thoughts Miss C. I know I can count on you to give us a full and in depth review lol

lee1980

Reaction score
Sounds good though I dont think i need more power in 5th and 6th loll, already feel like im going to fast everywhere now its broken in and summer!
In A mode god it just rips, mine is not to snatchy had worse on other bikes but the delivery is brutal! all part of fun and nice can change it like to B for wet days is a god send!

Fluke

Reaction score
Had mine done by Simon a while ago and ditto everything you've said.
Transforms the bike into everything Yamaha should have done in the first place.
Have you thought of sorting the suspension out? (If you've not done so already)
Gave me loads more confidence laying the power down coming out of corners.

Roll on summer, can't wait to go out and play!!