"Roughness" in gearbox.

Ivorwetwun

Reaction score
I have had the bike a month, bought it with 5k on the clock.
Overall very pleased, but some downsides, the throttle snatch I've learnt to live with, but it shouldn't be on a new model.
Undecided whether to go with the Yammie flash. Still waiting to see if there is a power loss.
But I have noticed a "harsh" "rough" feeling in the 3k to 4k rev range. It's not the motor, def. the gearbox, is this a characteristic of the bike?

Kinjane

Reaction score
Like a recently bottled Tempus Two Vine Vale Shiraz, things noticeably do improve with maturity.

BUT it could just possibly be the AFR.
Try putting the motor in top gear along a flat stretch of road and slowly run it up from 50mph, through the 54-58mph zone and up to 60mph and check out the engine revs as it does so.
However if this roughness makes itself known during this test it's a result of the Air to Fuel Ratio being leaned out to meet the 90kph EU emission test levels.
A bit of an annoyance, but handy to know if you're left running on fumes until the next petrol station.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Really, ,, why?
A number of things... Misses the track, hates the roads down here, the suspension on the MT is wank lol. He will probably tell u when u speak to him. Gonna see if a few of my mates wanna buy it off him

fizzy

Reaction score
A number of things... Misses the track, hates the roads down here, the suspension on the MT is wank lol. He will probably tell u when u speak to him. Gonna see if a few of my mates wanna buy it off him
He will have no trouble selling that it's a cracking bike! Guess who as got a cat rattle?...me

fizzy

Reaction score
Lol. I know wot u mean. Oh no...! Not the dreaded cct rattle lol
Just started yesterday when me and DC were out for a hoon, gonna ring the dealer tomorrow to get it sorted hopefully they will replace it
and not wana adjust the fecker:mad:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just started yesterday when me and DC were out for a hoon, gonna ring the dealer tomorrow to get it sorted hopefully they will replace it
and not wana adjust the fecker:mad:
We all know that adjusting it does naff all... that's y they're on the 3rd modified cct now.......

stevecbr

Reaction score
re gearbox, no I dont know whats causing roughness at 3-4000 rpm.
How can a gearbox feel rough? Certain its not vibration or rattle from CCT? Mine rattles 3-4000 rpm, from CCT area, guess it needs CCT mod.
Gearbox shifts smoothly, but clunks onto 1st like most bikes

Kinjane

Reaction score
I'd put money (preferably not my own as all bikes are slightly different) that it's definitely caused by a weak AFR mix.

I adjusted my CO readings back to zero and it was as if a bearing had just failed. Adjusted it back up higher and the 'gearbox' roughness all but disappeared.