Sat Nav mounting - Above the clocks

catteeclan

Hi all. Got my Tracer GT just before Xmas and haven't rode the thing yet. I'm not normally this fussy but there's just to much salt and crap on the road at the mo.
I've got a tomtom and would like to get it above the clocks, anyone tried this on the newer Tracer GT?

Hi all. Got my Tracer GT just before Xmas and haven't rode the thing yet. I'm not normally this fussy but there's just to much salt and crap on the road at the mo.
I've got a tomtom and would like to get it above the clocks, anyone tried this on the newer Tracer GT?
That is the entire purpose of this thread.
I have been searching for 6 weeks now. All I can find is one of these which does not allow you to mount centrally; I tried with three types of RAM extensions (long double socket, elbow socket and another thing)...they all "wobble" so much they make the display unreadable.

Tonight I'm going to take off the front end and see if there is some way of installing a bar or an M5 fastener used somewhere so I use the M5 threaded RAM ball mount.
One option is drilling an M5 hole into the windscreen grip but I'm not sure if thats dooable .. wil lcheck tonight.