Stock suspension settings...

lee1980

Reaction score
Got mine Jan 2015 a 2014 model I think, checked again this morning rear one doesn't click front does.

Last edited:

Jaffajones

Reaction score
Got mine Jan 2015 a 2014 model I think, checked again this morning rear one doesn't click front does.
Hi there all , firstly all your comments and advice is a great help and as I'm new to road biking very useful so thanks, on rear shock there is a screw setting located about spring, what does this do ?

Kinjane

Reaction score
The screw is for decreasing or increasing rebound oil flow.
If you read the posts on settings on this and other forums you'll probably conclude that any rotation above 360 degrees out from full clockwise does nothing; and on the front the adjustable screw is either full clockwise or 1,2 or 3 clicks out, anything above that likewise. However on the front at least you can hear at which point the valve starts to work.

sigtrm

Reaction score
I know this has been talked about a lot and there is already a lot of good info on the subject here on the forums but I found this today and I'm going to give it a try...

[video=youtube;uBPheLrnHVo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBPheLrnHVo[/video]

Basically he weighs about 200lbs and has his suspension set to:

Front Preload: All the way in
Front Damping: 1/2 turn out from full in

Rear Preload: Position 5 out of 7
Rear Damping: 1 turn out from full in

This info has come from here, the FZ-09 is right down the bottom of the page.

And the initial test with the magazine staff where they came up with the collective suspension settings is here, the actual weights of the riders is not known BUT their heights are 6'1", 5'8" & 6'4".

Not saying it will work for everyone but as this lot are happy with it and it doesn't cost anything it's worth a go.
Rip, all the way in, means that: turn until 4mm distance from top is achieved(hardest setting in manual, ie. Maximum) or there is some feelable limit when turning adjustment screw?