Stumped On Rear Shock Adjustment

offo

Reaction score
Firstly let me appologise if i have missed it but i have tried a search but couldn't find this subject.

I found the suspension to be quite harsh on the Tracer so adjusted the rear shock to the minimum preload setting, that was a doddle, however i took the wife out for her first trip on the back at the weekend & wanted to turn the preload up a notch or two, i tried & even the wife had a fiddle but neither of us could work out where to position the C spanner to allow us to adjust the shock.
We tried from the left but the spanner wouldn't go in far enough because it hit the linkage & from the right it couldn't be adjusted because it would hit the brake pipes.
The only thing i can think of is that by fitting lowering plates it has closed the space more between the shock & the linkage so the C spanner no longer fits in the gap.
Is that correct or am i missing something & being a numpty!!!

misscrabstick

Reaction score
I have the standard Mt09 and adjusting the rear shock is not easy, it kind of only just fits, guess is that with the lowering bits you have fitted your in trouble, would cutting the c spanner down help?

big ade

Reaction score
i've just adjusted my tracer, the rear is tricky, i could only do it from the left,,,, had to keep messing about to get the c spanner in.

after 20 mins or so i cracked it !!!

offo

Reaction score
I did wonder about grinding the C spanner down a bit misscrabstick, ill have to have a look & see how much will have to come off, thanks for the replies.
Really cant understand why they cant make things easier!