Suspension upgrades....

l34chy

Reaction score
The shock is a bit over damp. Open both bumps all the way CCW, Reb 1.25T in from full open (full open all the way CCW)

I'm 180 w/o gears, so about 195 suite up. The 9.1kg/mm (33mm rider sag) work great for me on track days. Normal riding I could use a 9.4kg/mm but I keep the 9.1 in. Tire wear is close to perfect with those settings. Should be a good start.
Thanks for the heads up that's a good base will let you know how your settings suit my small frame ;)

Bon

Reaction score
DSC_0204.jpg Got my upgrade to Nitron rear shock and Matris fork cartridge on Friday. PDQ. Great service, nice guys and a hell of a different ride back home. For me, its gone from night to day. Larry told me that he measured the fork springs at .65kg strength. Now have .85kg. Ride back home from Slough was a damn site better than the ride down there. Seemed like they had improved the brakes too then realised that I could use them harder than before because the forks didn't dive like they did before. Rear now handles bumps without kicking or bouncing before settling down. This is only my opinion, but fir me its money well spent.

Last edited:

Andy

Reaction score
Yeah will do went out today but just for a play took 1 of my labourers he just got himself a 125 hopefully the next generation
we need to keep up the numbers how long you had the bike fella[/
Got it a couple of weeks before you got yours. We spoke at devils bridge a couple of months ago, rode back to Caton with you and Colin.
Im desperate to get the suspention sorted. Whilst hitting jumps and crest wheelies the thing keeps bottoming out. Think im grinding the Akra can away. lol

flipper

Reaction score
View attachment 2301 Got my upgrade to Nitron rear shock and Matris fork cartridge on Friday. PDQ. Great service, nice guys and a hell of a different ride back home. For me, its gone from night to day. Larry told me that he measured the fork springs at .65kg strength. Now have .85kg. Ride back home from Slough was a damn site better than the ride down there. Seemed like they had improved the brakes too then realised that I could use them harder than before because the forks didn't dive like they did before. Rear now handles bumps without kicking or bouncing before settling down. This is only my opinion, but fir me its money well spent.
that looks familiar. makes a helluva difference,

Bon

Reaction score
Nitron Sport shock. Works well looks gorgeous and hasn't gone rusty from my dribble as yet lol !

l34chy

Reaction score
Yeah will do went out today but just for a play took 1 of my labourers he just got himself a 125 hopefully the next generation
we need to keep up the numbers how long you had the bike fella[/
Got it a couple of weeks before you got yours. We spoke at devils bridge a couple of months ago, rode back to Caton with you and Colin.
Im desperate to get the suspention sorted. Whilst hitting jumps and crest wheelies the thing keeps bottoming out. Think im grinding the Akra can away. lol[/QUyea
yeah i know what you mean was meant to get out with Colin but been busy .
i'm away this week when i get back we must all get out i got the mt mastered now 120 mph wheelies :cool:

Locksmith

Reaction score
Nitron Sport shock. Works well looks gorgeous and hasn't gone rusty from my dribble as yet lol !
Excellent job, I'm dribbling looking at the pic :)

How much were the shock and matris cartridges if you don't me asking!

Last edited:

Bon

Reaction score
Shock was £375. Cartridges were £700. Expensive i know but worth it for me.

Locksmith

Reaction score
Went for Ohlins shock and fork springs.
I know suspension upgrades are not cheap but they are worth every penny.
Its turned an awesome bike into a fkin awesome bike. Just so planted on the corners, nothing seemed to throw it off line.
Definitely riding faster without feeling/being reckless as for the first half an hour the abs kicked in three times. At first I wondered what was happening until I realised I was braking from greater speeds!!
Much more stable while giving it the beans along fast bumpy roads and much better feel under heavy braking

IMG_0223.jpg
IMG_0224.jpg

Always wanted a genuine reason to use Ohlins stickers :)
IMG_0225.jpg

flipper

Reaction score
Nice one. Never mind any other mods. This is where you want to put your money.

Martin p

Reaction score
just done the same to mine only had a short ride so far but i could feel straight away that the bike does not try to throw me off at every tiny bump now Good place for the supplied stickers by the way!!

RzR

Reaction score
How much if you dont mind me asking and if you have a link where it can be ordered ?
Went for Ohlins shock and fork springs.
I know suspension upgrades are not cheap but they are worth every penny.
Its turned an awesome bike into a fkin awesome bike. Just so planted on the corners, nothing seemed to throw it off line.
Definitely riding faster without feeling/being reckless as for the first half an hour the abs kicked in three times. At first I wondered what was happening until I realised I was braking from greater speeds!!
Much more stable while giving it the beans along fast bumpy roads and much better feel under heavy braking

View attachment 2357
View attachment 2358

Always wanted a genuine reason to use Ohlins stickers :)
View attachment 2359

flipper

Reaction score
You can buy the online stuff on eBay all over Europe ir from any online dealer. Kais, mct, ftr to name some.

Locksmith

Reaction score
How much if you dont mind me asking and if you have a link where it can be ordered ?
I acquired them off a member for an advantageous price :)

Around £600 worth, as Flipper says, google is your friend for buying the stuff!

Fluke

Reaction score
Hey, Triple.
Just found myself an '09 ZX10 shock on fleaBay.
It's in the post to me now:D
Let's stay in touch as I'm curious to see how you get on with fitting it.
Cheers, S
Oh, yeh. Managed to flog the PCV:eek:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, Triple.
Just found myself an '09 ZX10 shock on fleaBay.
It's in the post to me now:D
Let's stay in touch as I'm curious to see how you get on with fitting it.
Cheers, S
Oh, yeh. Managed to flog the PCV:eek:
Cool. Wot am I fitting lol?
I told u ud sell the PCV no probs...;)