Suspension ...views?

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I think the stock suspension may be ok for the lighter guys, but I could not get enough adjustment on it and it was to soft, I replaced the rear unit with a Maxton bespoke unit which makes a huge difference. On the Maxton you can adjust the pre-load, rebound damping and ride height, it does not have compression/bump adjustment, but it should not be needed as the unit is built for your individual weight and riding style.
I tried my local dealer demo bike last week to try the new mapping and really noticed how soft it was at the rear.

Last edited:

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I was having a discussion last night about how Yamaha should have offered a suspension upgraded bike and called it the "R" version. Following Triumph's lead and pinching more sales from them.

The suspension was a serious disliking for me, it just could not hack my local B roads, so the bike had to go and being replaced with long travel suspension again that soaks everything in its path and lets me steer where I want to go.

RipGroove

Reaction score
for fucks sake, seems you were not reading the road, knee out and bottoming out suspension, you best contact yamaha moto gp team for a ride. or was you at snetterton going through the bomb hole??????
Read the road just fine, road is smooth. It was a natural dip that was obviously too much for the MT to handle even though thr R6 (with fairings) with me was just fine.

I'm not going to argue with you about it as you weren't there and don't know the road.

RipGroove

Reaction score
A dip in a smooth road can cause suspension to bottom out at speed whereas the same piece of road would be fine at a lower speed. Its all about forces. No potholes, no cracks no nothing, just a transition from downhill to flat at speed.

As above, you weren't there etc and are clearly just out to argue so I'll leave it there.