Test Ride

grin factor

Reaction score
Greetings all.
Just joined the forum as in the market for another bike & the tracer is on my short list. Got a Tiger 800 at the mo'
Had a test ride on a tracer yesterday and it has a lot of good points. Tried std & A modes and could feel the difference. Engine is very good & pulls more like an in-line 4 once the revs get up. Its not as good as the tiger at lower revs, but think the engines are tuned differently. The brakes are ace and it handles well. The ride is on the firm side, but I'm sure it could be adjusted to suit my weight. The display was showing an average mpg of 54 for the 1500 miles it had covered. Is this about right?
The screen did a good job, wind noise yes, but not much buffeting. The seat is like a plank and after about 20 mins my butt was hurting. The other downside was the side stand. Trying to put it down my boot kept catching the footpeg.
I need to try it with the other half on the back, and think hard about the seat - I've seen a few threads about this.
All in all a decent bike which could well fit the bill.

stevecbr

Reaction score
Hi & welcome. I have the MT09, had it since oct 2013. Very pleased with it, and 55mpg is easily achievable if you ride at legal speeds, and I find high 40's is the worst I have seen (fast riding with mates on sportbikes)